Employee asking to be fired..

GET RID OF THE GUY....

Yes, if the person does not want to be there, terminate them. (In this context, terminate means just that -- to end employment -- that is also what happens when someone voluntarily resigns, btw.)

It would probably be advantageous for the company to offer some type of incentive to get the person to resign.

I can only explain my state...

If the person gets unemployment for the full 26 weeks, that amount of money goes against the company's experience rate... IOW, the state will tax the company at a higher rate until it gets it back...

Still, it is cheaper to fire the guy and lose out on an unemployment decision than to keep him 'working'...

GET RID OF THE GUY....

+1 I would put together some documentation on his behavior and request to be terminated, including affidavits of of other employees who witnessed the behavior and requests if applicable, and then show him the door and contest any unemployment claim he makes. If you win the contest, then great. I your lose the contest, IMO not a huge deal and the slight increase in unemployment insurance costs is well worth getting rid of the malcontent.

Back
Top Bottom