Equal Time: What's your favorite Stones song?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm generally not a big Stones fan, but no denying Mick & Keith are rock royalty, and they certainly win the longevity prize - not big on ER I guess.

There are 18 Stones tunes in my iTunes library, 5-6 Stones best contenders, Honky Tonk Women if I had to choose just one...

I'm generally not a big Stones fan, but no denying Mick & Keith are rock royalty, and they certainly win the longevity prize - not big on ER I guess.

There are 18 Stones tunes in my iTunes library, 5-6 Stones best contenders, Honky Tonk Women if I had to choose just one...

Beast of Burden - One of my all time favorites among all artists.
beast of burden 1978 live is one of my fav. your tube
videos.

Honky Tonk Women has one of the great openings in R&R, but I can't hear Dead Flowers without singing along.

Rolling Stones are special group for me.

#1 when i was 15, my mom took me on a 40 day tour of parts of Europe. Rolling Stones tapes played on the tour bus most of the way. #2 My best friend, died three years ago from ovarian cancer, was the hugest RS fan of all times, esp. of Mick.

Ruby Tuesday
Wild Horses is second

I have such difficulty sticking with one answer. Which reminds me of You Can't Always Get What You Want

As a Baby Boomer aged late 50s, and as I have often mentioned in other posts here, I am a #1 Beatles Fan.

Although they sometimes copied the Fab Four's ground-breaking ripples, the Rolling Stones created some great original material of their own. For me, 1966-1973 was their best era.

My favorite Rolling Stones song? If a gun was put to my head with a 3-2-1 countdown, I'd yell out ... Damn! Too late!

Last edited:
"Brown Sugar". Followed closely by "Honky Tonk Women" and "She's A Rainbow"

As mentioned previously, there are too many great songs to pick just one. But as for albums, "Exile On Main Street" is right up there.

Paint It Black, by far in my opinion.

So many to chose from but Gimme Shelter, Paint it Black and It's Only Rock and Roll would probably be my top three.

No favorites in either category, Beatles or Stones. No major dislikes either. I must have been asleep...

I'm not a huge fan of either the Beatles or the Stones, but they both have a large library and many very good/great tunes.

For me, the Stones had a rougher rock edge that I liked, and those would be among my favs:

Satisfaction (one of the greatest 'riffs' in R&R: der-der, der-der-der)
Get Off My Cloud
Jumpin' Jack Flash (It's a Gas!)
Under My Thumb
Sympathy for the Devil

edit - forgot Paint it Black - I like the steady driving drums with the kinda twisty melody weaving in/out of that. Fairly innovative at the time I think.

-ERD50

Can't always get what you want.

My mantra. When the choir comes in it give me chills.

My list has three favorites:
Sympathy for the Devil and Paint it Black
but my number one favorite is "You Can't Always Get What You Want"

Gimme Shelter, followed by Jumpin' Jack Flash

Back
Top Bottom