Euro 2012 anyone?

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
So, is anyone following Euro 2012? They are in quarterfinals, last night's match between Spain and France was entertaining, Spain winning 2-0. Germany and Portugal already advanced, and this afternoon England plays Italy @ 1:30 midwest time.

Been following it as best I can (catching about half the games). It's interesting how Ronaldo has broken out, I wonder if anybody will stop a Germany-Spain final from happening, and I'm even more excited about the Seattle-Portland game happening after today's matchup. It might be MLS, but it's a great rivalry.

Spain vs Germany in the final, Spain winning.

And I thought this post was about currency:D

I was waiting for a thread on this! I'm going with Germany.

I will say it's much more fun to follow it when you are actually in Europe - we were living in the Frankfurt area in 1996 when Germany won. Absolutely no work got done in the office during many days of the tournament - if people weren't traveling to see a game or listening to the daytime games on the radio, they were talking about them. Our family caught the "football" bug during that tournament and we still watch a lot of international soccer on TV. DS (who was only 4 during Euro96) follows the European clubs, especially the English Premier league, quite closely.

I have only watched one game....

But my son says Spain and Germany with Spain...

I think guessing Germany in the finals is the easiest pick... heck, all during the England/Italy game they seemed to be saying whoever wins gets to be kicked out by Germany....

I live in Germany and it's a fun time right now. The surge in national pride is everywhere (think New York when the Giants are bound for the Superbowl) with German flags on cars, German national colors are all over the place. If they win it will be like a 4th of July celebration in every city. I have a pair of "ears" slipped over my car side mirrors that sport the German colors. We're pulling for Germany, our adopted host country while we live here.

Italy were amazing today. It was a great match for an almost-neutral to watch (Brits like me will always support, even if only slightly, whoever is playing against Germany). Spain can't afford to rest on their laurels for Sunday.

Now that England are out, after giving a typically mediocre performance, I'm hoping Italy win - mostly because Mario Balotelli is insane, amazing, ridiculous and just fun to watch.

Everyone in Europe (outside of Germany) are glad that Italy won the semi-final....and Euro 2012 has been pretty good......but I'm really looking forward to the start of the new English Premiership season to see is Man City (Balotelli et al) can keep things going agaist the likes of Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Last edited:
Watched the German/Italian game yesterday while sipping adult beverages. I am no Italian fan but they played well and the Germans deserved to lose. Much lazier playing than they generally manage and the Italian attacks were fast and decisive.
I still pick Spain to win it all. Largely the same team that won the World Cup and the Spanish coach is one of the coolest characters you'll ever see.
For any old Brits who might be reading this, he reminds me of Gordon Kaye from 'Allo 'Allo

For any old Brits who might be reading this, he reminds me of Gordon Kaye from 'Allo 'Allo

Ahh "the fallen Madonna with the big boobies"

The French were all sex mad, the Germans were either gay or sado masochists, and the British were asexual and stupid..........good family entertainment.

Last edited:
Ahh "the fallen Madonna with the big boobies"

The French were all sex mad, the Germans were either gay or sado masochists, and the British were asexual and stupid..........good family entertainment.

see.. stereotypes all contain a grain of truth... :eek:) KIDDING ! KIDDING !

seriously, he and Vicente del Bosque are practically twins. And del Bosque, if he can win the Euro Cup, will earn a place as one of the best coaches of all time.. WC, EC and Champions League. And he did a pretty good job with that little soccer club in Madrid too... :cool:

Now that England are out, after giving a typically mediocre performance, I'm hoping Italy win - mostly because Mario Balotelli is insane, amazing, ridiculous and just fun to watch.

Everyone in Europe (outside of Germany) are glad that Italy won the semi-final....and Euro 2012 has been pretty good......but I'm really looking forward to the start of the new English Premiership season to see is Man City (Balotelli et al) can keep things going agaist the likes of Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Is he the black forward with the funny hair:confused:

If so, then yes, he was very fun to watch...

During the England game, he had shot after shot on goal... and I was surprised he did not score... I never saw the final stats, but at halftime Italy had a LOT of shots and SOG with England having only a few...

Good match, eh? Viva España

Back
Top Bottom