Ever Been Arrested?

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I had a narrow escape in college...big dealer on dorm floor...narc enrolled and moved onto floor..dealer busted...I learned from my RA that my name ended up on a watch list at the Illinois Bureau of Investigation and the college, somehow I manged to keep my nose clean and my ass out of stir....

How about you....ever spend time in jail or prison...

Oh yes.

Lets see...

Shoplifting
Petty theft (siphoning gas out of a car)
Assault and battery with intent to commit mayhem
Assault and battery with a deadly weapon
Intimidation of witness
Felony possession of a controlled substance
Driving under the influence
Public nuisance
Failing to obey a police officer
Giving a false name to a police officer.
Trespassing a bunch of times

Oh yeah...not all of this happened at the same time.

No convictions. Spent a few nights in jail and did a little community service. Couple of little fines.

Bunch of amusing stories.

Yes. Spent about 6 hours in jail. I got stopped for running a stop sign (according to the officer, anyway). He entered my driver license number into the computer and out came a warrant for an arrest for not paying a traffic violation ticket 2 years before. My wife paid for the ticket, and I got out.

Legal question: If, for any reason, I am asked by a lawyer or by the court, "Have you been arrested before?" What should the answer be?

- No (because there was never a conviction)
- Yes (without an explanation)
- Yes, but I was not convicted.
- Yes, for not paying a traffic violation ticket.
- Or what?

What should the proper answer be?

Nope

Diplomatic immunity as a kid. Behaved as an adult.

passport.jpg

I can't compete with CFB as to crimes but I was never arrested for anything I did.

My teen years started in New Mexico where we lived very close to an Indian reservation. Other than murder, I don't think the local police cared what we did. They had their hands full with the indigenous people.

In Washington State, we lived in a small community and I was a "good" kid which meant I was always given the benefit of the doubt. I committed various forms of minor with alcohol, petty theft and vandalism in addition to multiple motor vehicle violations that I always received a warning ticket for.

My poor older brother got branded a "bad" kid and couldn't drive through town without getting pulled over to see what he was doing. His car was routinely searched for alcohol and drugs. He was picked up several times for curfew.

Yes, driving under the influence.
I had the gall to ask for a pillow and blanket while I waited for my father to come get me.

I can't compete with CFB as to crimes but I was never arrested for anything I did.

Neither was I!!! I'm exceptionally guilty of primarily being in the wrong place at the wrong time and not being as cooperative with the authorities as I apparently ought to be.

Haywood Jablowme?

That would have been a lot better than what I came up with. I was actually taking a walk and minding my own business when two of the local town finest (who had apparently parked their car a block back after identifying me as a probably burglary suspect... ::) ) ran up to me in the dark and without identifying themselves asked me what I was doing out there after 8:00 at night.

Can you imagine the temerity of someone walking in their own neighborhood at quarter past 8?

So I told them I was taking a walk. They asked me what my name was and I said "Mr. Smith". Which is what they laughingly referred to me as for the rest of the evening. They asked if I had any ID and I said "No." because the last time I checked, you werent required in america to 'produce your papers' when there was no probable cause to suggest that you had committed a crime. That theory has since been disproven.

Once they were done wrestling me to the ground and seizing my wallet, I got hauled to the hoosegow for being a public nuisance and giving police a false name.

In fact, I was so uncooperative they decided to refuse to give me a phone call and put me in a big cell with a bunch of drunks, all of which wanted to fight each other, but later all laid down and sang a couple of interesting songs together. The entertainment value was actually fairly high.

All of this worked out rather badly the next day once I got to a phone and they very quickly discovered that I was rich and could get a pretty good lawyer. The charges were dropped and a week or so later the chief of police called me to personally apologize so as to help avoid paying a settlement.

My lawyer said the DA and the reps from the PD "moonwalked out of the room" after he told them what happened. Apparently there had been an ongoing practice to "round up" enough people to fill the jail as the jail got paid a fixed amount per "inmate" by the county, and it was a pretty good money maker.

When my wife drives by the spot where I was arrested while we're talking on the phone, she always tells me "Just passing 'the scene of the crime'!"

"Mr. Smith" was probably better than "Cute Fuzzy Bunny."

Nope.

I got pulled over one night driving in the mountains (while doing the speed limit!) because my car happened to match the description of a literal 'killer on the loose'. Needless to say, that was a scary time until they were satisfied I was not their guy, and a close enough brush with how it must feel to be in dutch with the law to last me a lifetime!

eh, a few times....

as a minor : curfew, pot, curfew, pot, fighting,

adult: dui (hurled on the cop booking me...very funny), possession of marijuana, illegal discharge of a firearm, possession of criminal tools, intent to sell marijuana, possession of psychodelic's, cultivation of mj,

ya know, the norm

Pretty good so far. At least no one has been cited for sex solicitation.

Oh yes.

Lets see...

Shoplifting
Petty theft (siphoning gas out of a car)
Assault and battery with intent to commit mayhem
Assault and battery with a deadly weapon
Intimidation of witness
Felony possession of a controlled substance
Driving under the influence
Public nuisance
Failing to obey a police officer
Giving a false name to a police officer.
Trespassing a bunch of times

Oh yeah...not all of this happened at the same time.

No convictions. Spent a few nights in jail and did a little community service. Couple of little fines.

Bunch of amusing stories.

And you ended up an ER. Only in America.

A lot of very successful entreprenuers have been arrested at one point or another. Their unwillingness to listen to authority almost seemed to be part of their success.

Nope. However, in my younger years, I did drink and drive...I lived in a small community and as long as you didn't act like a fool, the cops would leave you alone.

It's been years since I've done that kind of thing...gotta keep my nose clean since I volunteer at the police department. :angel:

Now I just partake of a refreshment or two on my patio.

Pretty good so far. At least no one has been cited for sex solicitation.

Paying for it would be non-ER indicative, both as a sign of being lazy and
as a questionable expenditure of funds (the "return on investment" being
medically unpleasant).

medically unpleasant).

I am not an expert, but isnt there something called a "free clinic";)

And you ended up an ER.

I guess it all sounds horrible without the details, but its not that bad...my wife has a good time with me about it, her "multiple felony arrest bad boy". I wish she'd stop giggling after she says it.

Their unwillingness to listen to authority almost seemed to be part of their success.

DING DING DING!

medically unpleasant).
When I worked at the Psycho association, there was a study on the legal Nevada brothels. The infection rate was significantly lower than where it was illegal, with the authors making the case that it should be legalized, regulated and taxed.

Still, the costs seem to be, like a lot of other entertainment in Nevada, not part of a LBYM lifestyle

Back
Top Bottom