Everyday Meals

() said:
I also give more weight to proven benefits.  When the guy pushing the high fat/protein, low carb diets dies of a heart attack and his family refuses an autopsy, I take that proof very seriously.

Ah yes, if anecdotal evidence serves as your "proof," I can certainly see where you're coming from.

People get sick. People die. Environment plays a role. Genetics plays a role. Sometimes, Greyhound busses play a role. If you understand the risks and reasonably try to mitigate those risks, you're doing better than most people. But sometimes we overestimate both the risks and the efficacy of our mitigation strategies.

() said:
Had he been hit by a bus, I'd see your point.

What is this, a replay of the Terry Shiavo thread? The report I heard was that he suffered from viral cardiomyopathy. I have no idea if that is true or not. An autopsy might have been interesting, but apparently his family didn't want that. So, is that "proof" of anything? Yes, it's proof that his family didn't want to cut open his dead body.

If you want to talk about what is well known about carbohydrate metabolism, that requires much less speculation and could be a bit more relevant "proof" for low-carb claims. However, much of your metabolism is under genetic control. Not everybody needs to lower their carb intake, but there probably are millions who could benefit. I am one of those.

I think the ER forum deserves a prize for turning a thread as bland as "What do you eat for dinner?" into a debate!  :D

ER has to be the best board going.

Where else can I get to tell T-Bone, "you look like Letterman".

Then have my lady friend tell me I look like Jon Holmes.

Long live ER, eerrrr, i got to go, being pulled....

TromboneAl said:
I think the ER forum deserves a prize for turning a thread as bland as "What do you eat for dinner?" into a debate!  :D

A thread without a debate is like pudding without whipped cream. Wait. No, it's not!

Wab,
a thread without discussing sex with Aunt Esther (Sanford & Son) is like, is like.....uhhhh, no it's not, it's like nothing else\, uhhhmm, it's like, err, I can think of what it's like, but it's like whatever I was trying to find. :D

wabmester said:
A thread without a debate is like pudding without whipped cream.    Wait.  No, it's not!
Yeah......I had choc pudding with whip cream  for desert today. Way better than a debate here!  :D

wabmester said:
What is this, a replay of the Terry Shiavo thread?   The report I heard was that he suffered from viral cardiomyopathy.    I have no idea if that is true or not.    An autopsy might have been interesting, but apparently his family didn't want that.   So, is that "proof" of anything?   Yes, it's proof that his family didn't want to cut open his dead body.

If you want to talk about what is well known about carbohydrate metabolism, that requires much less speculation and could be a bit more relevant "proof" for low-carb claims.    However, much of your metabolism is under genetic control.    Not everybody needs to lower their carb intake, but there probably are millions who could benefit.   I am one of those.

Hey Wab............I'm still peeling the bun off my cheeseburgers. Maggie
the lab thinks that is swell :)

JG

OldAgePensioner said:
DOG51,
I hope that was not whipped cream, but some Doberman's stuff.....
It was some store bought generic light stuff. Not the real thing but close enough.  :-\

For simplicity, I tend to create one skillet/pot meals like chili, spaghetti/marinara, stir-fry, roast in the crock pot, gumbo, veggie soup, lasagna, etc.

Back
Top Bottom