Everyone on their best behavior!

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Well looks like this place has been mentioned in TWO national rags this week. Could be a lot of new visitors.

Welcome new folks, read all this fine and mysterious material, register, tell us who you are and join in the fun.

This means we all must be on our best behavior. No telling people you can retire on 500 bucks by whacking swiss bankers with a baguette. Unclemick must shed the dryer sheets tied up with lint and wear pants. I would actually vote that he wears pants all the time. The rest of you know what your bad behaviors are and therefore what not to do.

Now everyone...good posture and SMILE! :D

TH

Sorry can't do it. I've decided to work on 'advanced ER' - crusty but cute curmudgeon - it's mildly irritating now that the 'younger women' think you're cute.

Always wear Dickies coveralls when I go to town and keep a dog in the pickup truck, front or back depending on the weather - speaking of which its almost warm enough to start the jimmy buffett shirts and shorts season.

The dryer sheet underwear thing is a myth - designed to get people to 'think frugal'.

:confused:Sooo - what's the well dressed curmudgeon wearing this year - any hot fashion trends.

TH, more visitors is a double-edged sword. After a certain size a message board can attract periodic spammers and trolls. (I've seen the word troll here dropped a couple of times, but I think all the regulars' intentions are at least sincere.) Then again it's nice to see the mainstream media acknowledge the wisdom here instead of spouting some broker's happy dream.

EDIT: I'm not saying we should sit around with shotguns and shoot at new visitors; I just seem to have this need to post counterpoints. I'm actually all for more people.

what's the well dressed curmudgeon wearing this year

Answer candidate 1: "This is a trick question, right?"

Answer candidate 2: "When I was your age, I couldn't afford clothes, now get out of my yard!" :D

Back
Top Bottom