Experiences with pilot strikes?

gindie

Full time employment: Posting here.
Have tickets to Hawaii on Delta next Friday, April 14.  Strike could happen on the 15th.  Based on previous situations like this, should I have any reason to be worried about the 14th?

I realize the return flights on the 20th could be another matter altogether!

Consider travel insurance, if you can still get it. One very good reason to buy through your local travel agent. We have bought it and never had to use it and I was happy anyway.

Same here. Planning on going to GA on the 12th and back on the 21st. I really can't miss the flight going...coming back is another matter.

It might be worth buying an open ticket, if you don't need it, get your money back.

I always booked two separate flights coming through Chicago, I knew that I could get bumped, would take the $300 to give up my seat, catch the next flight.

Ask me if I miss travelling.

Good Luck.

The Delta pilots won't strike. It's a (weak) bluff. They know better than anyone that even a mild work disruption would result in the end of the airline.

During past strikes and work stoppages, other airlines have honored tickets of passengers that were already en-route. In other words other airlines helped out those otherwise stranded passengers at no additional cost to the passengers.

There are no guaranties, however I think you'll be OK. I wouldn't spend any more money on extra tickets or open tickets etc.

Let us know how it turns out

My disclaimer... this is ALL from memory.. check it out to be sure...

Yes, usually other airlines help, but they do not have to with E-tickets...

If you have paper tickets, and YOUR airline can not get you out in a certain amount of time, they must put you on another carrier at no additional cost to you... but it is only with paper tickets that the law kicks in.. (of course, they might have changed it by now).. and if the pilots strike, then it seems that your airline can not get you out in the specified time...

I have been patiently waiting for my son to return home on his 2-week leave from Iraq. (haven't seen him since last June) Of course he is booked on Delta and is flying home on the 15th. I swear if they strike someone's going to get hurt!!

Ok...I've vented!

Truthfully, I don't think they will stike. Would be the death of that airline.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom