Explanation for bbbami's boot fetish

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A Not-So-Guilty Pleasure

For months now, consumers have been hunkering down in an economic storm, buying only what they need to survive, like groceries, diapers, medicine — and shoes.
The American public, it would seem, cannot carry on without new shoes. Boots, booties, sneakers, pumps

I just saw that article!

Before I changed careers, I w*rked for a very large shoe manufacturing and importing company.

We were affected by the ups and downs of the economy, but not as much as some.

Kids' feet keep growing, shoes wear out, and a nice pair of shoes is lots cheaper than a new outfit.

ta,
mew

Woo Hoo...the first thread with my user name in it...thanks Ron! :D

I go for quality in my footwear, especially my boots. I just can't resist a nice pair of boots every once in a while, but my favorite is my oldest pair. I've had them a little over 20 years...these babies have seen a lot of ridin' and dancin'....;)

Attachments

• DSC01129.jpg
    DSC01129.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01130.jpg
    DSC01130.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 4
I go for quality in my footwear, especially my boots. I just can't resist a nice pair of boots every once in a while, but my favorite is my oldest pair. I've had them a little over 20 years...these babies have seen a lot of ridin' and dancin'....;)
I would have expected the heels to be more worn down from all that boot scootin'... :)

Those old boots are really beautiful, bam. I can see why you treasure them.

Thanks BWE....:).....ahhhh if only those boots could talk....:whistle:.......

Woo Hoo...the first thread with my user name in it...thanks Ron! :D

Nice ka-boy boots.........:)

My favorite pair I got in Wyoming at Frontier Days, I think it was in Cheyenne. Calfskin uppers and sharkskin lowers, midnight black. Of course, I HAD TO HAVE the matching black 10-gallon hat with the rattlesnake band to accessorize.......;) Hey, it was the 80's......I even got black leather pants to match.........:LOL:

This thread is definitely useless without pics...:cool:

btw...I've never understood the term 'guilty pleasure'. Pleasure is pleasure...

When I lived in Colorado I had some really nice square toed boots:

The difference between Cowboy boots and Engineer boots - with Engineer boots the er stuff is on the inside.

Er so they kept telling me.

heh heh heh - :D

Back
Top Bottom