F a r g o (Spoiler Alert!)

DW and I loved the movie, but didn't make it through Episode 1 of the TV show. Sometimes a show just doesn't grab you.

DW and I loved the movie, but didn't make it through Episode 1 of the TV show. Sometimes a show just doesn't grab you.

That's how I felt about Breaking Bad. Never saw what was so interesting about it. Just the old bald guy frowning all over the place.

Bit I like Fargo the series. The plot's a little bit too complex for my taste, but very interesting characters. Still watching ! ;)

I recorded and watched Breaking Bad during one of the marathons. I had tried one episode before, but it was after it had been running for a couple of seasons. I deleted it after about five minutes. Once I started from the beginning I was hooked. It was quite the ride as Walter spiraled out of control.

I am still watching Fargo because of the interesting characters.

This last episode of Fargo shocked me at the Hobbit. I had not expected him to break that bad.

I want to squeeze the life of Nygard character ... I hope he gets what he deserves in the last episode.

One major flaw in the series is how brazen Malvo is and still avoids capture. Did I watch too many CSIs, Forensic files, etc or Fagro writers just didn't care?

This weeks was great. Next will I'm sure have some surprises.

I don't recall which ones, but there were some scenes of BBT wreaking havoc that were accompanied by some of the most appropriate drum solos I've ever heard; a terrific matching of music to action. I was amazed that with a few clicks I found them....

https://soundcloud.com/search/sounds?q=Wrench and Numbers

Almost as good as Tarantino using Steeler's Wheel in Reservoir Dogs when the poor cop was getting cut up.

I want to squeeze the life of Nygard character ... I hope he gets what he deserves in the last episode.

One major flaw in the series is how brazen Malvo is and still avoids capture. Did I watch too many CSIs, Forensic files, etc or Fagro writers just didn't care?

I can actually see in real life how Malvo's don't give a .... attitude toward getting caught might slip by authorities for quite some time.

Sometimes things in real life have a way of being more surreal than fiction. I would have never guessed a few guys could train in flight simulators and then simultaneously hijack jumbo jets and fly them into skyscrapers. Further, I would have called ridiculous to a Hollywood film that then had said skyscrapers collapse within hours.

Ya, we lived in Wisconsin for many yearssss. And dey do talk a little different, ya. Remind my of Lawrence Welk, dontcha know. Even visited Bemidji once or twice, ya.

Dis a great country or what?

Damm!
I had heard about this series, then forgot about it.

It's available on charter's VOD, but already on episode 5
Hopefully they'll replay it from the beginning sometime in the future.

Can't remember. Have the cops harmed any bad guys yet? Seems like all the violence has been done by civilians so far, right?

<< I want to squeeze the life of Nygard character ... I hope he gets what he deserves in the last episode. >>

I was sort of on Lester's side until he framed his innocent brother.

<< One major flaw in the series is how brazen Malvo is and still avoids capture. Did I watch too many CSIs, Forensic files, etc or Fagro writers just didn't care? >>

I agree. Lots of unbelievable stuff happening, but it doesn't ruin it for me. I was hooked from the first episode.

I have a feeling the "last episode" won't be the last episode. :)

I believe you are correct. My money is on Molly getting Malvo eventually.

Surprise! It was Gus. I loved the last line of the series, "I get to be the chief." I look forward to 2nd season if there is one.

Great series! Hate to sit through the whole 10 hours again just to satisfy my curiosiy, so does anyone know exactly how many people Malvo/BBT killed?

Surprise! It was Gus. I loved the last line of the series, "I get to be the chief." I look forward to 2nd season if there is one.

I did not see that coming. I thought sure it would be Molly who got him, or Lester.

In fact, I envisioned a plotline that had Lester killing Malvo, and then as part of reinventing himself, he started taking on hitman jobs himself and using the name Lorne Malvo. Lorne Malvo was just a pseudonym used by all the hitmen before him.

Think about it...Lester somehow follows Malvo back to the cabin, gets the drop on him just like Gus did, looks around the room, grabs Malvo's bag, tape recordings, and guns, and gets in the car. He starts it up, grin comes across his face, and he drives off to become the next Lorne Malvo.

I did not see that coming. I thought sure it would be Molly who got him, or Lester.

In fact, I envisioned a plotline that had Lester killing Malvo, and then as part of reinventing himself, he started taking on hitman jobs himself and using the name Lorne Malvo. Lorne Malvo was just a pseudonym used by all the hitmen before him.

Think about it...Lester somehow follows Malvo back to the cabin, gets the drop on him just like Gus did, looks around the room, grabs Malvo's bag, tape recordings, and guns, and gets in the car. He starts it up, grin comes across his face, and he drives off to become the next Lorne Malvo.

You have a talent for writing scripts. But I won't be watching another Fargo episode if Lester wasn't killed (or removed from the show). I can't stand his character, especially, after he set up his own brother.

Speaking of his brother, there was no closure on his demise. It's not very important to the main story line but I felt he deserves to come back for the final episode. Oh, well.

I admit to being surprised by the details of the ending, but it did seem to fit together. I thought it worked very well. I'm actually sorry to see the show end. Can't see a sequel because, without BBT, I don't think it would be very interesting. BBT's character was the "glue" that held the show together, IMHO.

By the way DW and I were comparing notes on the series and decided our favorite episode was when BBT took on the character of the "minister". His character, playing another character was amazingly well done. I know a woman from MN and BBT nailed the accent. YMMV

Can't see a sequel because, without BBT, I don't think it would be very interesting. BBT's character was the "glue" that held the show together, IMHO.

Dexter (I don't know if you watched it) has main antagonist per season. If Fargo has another season, they would need equally interesting antagonist to hold the episodes together. Dexter ran for 8 seasons, each year with different "BBT" to go against Dexter. Perhaps, there is another BBT in Fargo's future if there is one.

Back
Top Bottom