Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Lots of unbelievable stuff happening, but it doesn't ruin it for me.

Even when it's raining fish outside?

The opening scenes always say that it's all true. TV wouldn't lie. Would it?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #42
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt III View Post
Can't remember. Have the cops harmed any bad guys yet? Seems like all the violence has been done by civilians so far, right?
I believe you are correct. My money is on Molly getting Malvo eventually.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

Old 06-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd View Post
My thought exactly.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:32 AM   #44

Quote:
Surprise! It was Gus. I loved the last line of the series, "I get to be the chief." I look forward to 2nd season if there is one.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

Great series! Hate to sit through the whole 10 hours again just to satisfy my curiosiy, so does anyone know exactly how many people Malvo/BBT killed?
Old 06-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #46

Quote:

Even when it's raining fish outside?

The opening scenes always say that it's all true. TV wouldn't lie. Would it?
TV never lies. I won't be fictional about it.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #47
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnplunder View Post
Surprise! It was Gus. I loved the last line of the series, "I get to be the chief." I look forward to 2nd season if there is one.
I did not see that coming. I thought sure it would be Molly who got him, or Lester.

In fact, I envisioned a plotline that had Lester killing Malvo, and then as part of reinventing himself, he started taking on hitman jobs himself and using the name Lorne Malvo. Lorne Malvo was just a pseudonym used by all the hitmen before him.

Think about it...Lester somehow follows Malvo back to the cabin, gets the drop on him just like Gus did, looks around the room, grabs Malvo's bag, tape recordings, and guns, and gets in the car. He starts it up, grin comes across his face, and he drives off to become the next Lorne Malvo.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAspen View Post
I did not see that coming. I thought sure it would be Molly who got him, or Lester.

In fact, I envisioned a plotline that had Lester killing Malvo, and then as part of reinventing himself, he started taking on hitman jobs himself and using the name Lorne Malvo. Lorne Malvo was just a pseudonym used by all the hitmen before him.

Think about it...Lester somehow follows Malvo back to the cabin, gets the drop on him just like Gus did, looks around the room, grabs Malvo's bag, tape recordings, and guns, and gets in the car. He starts it up, grin comes across his face, and he drives off to become the next Lorne Malvo.
You have a talent for writing scripts. But I won't be watching another Fargo episode if Lester wasn't killed (or removed from the show). I can't stand his character, especially, after he set up his own brother.

Speaking of his brother, there was no closure on his demise. It's not very important to the main story line but I felt he deserves to come back for the final episode. Oh, well.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #49

I admit to being surprised by the details of the ending, but it did seem to fit together. I thought it worked very well. I'm actually sorry to see the show end. Can't see a sequel because, without BBT, I don't think it would be very interesting. BBT's character was the "glue" that held the show together, IMHO.

By the way DW and I were comparing notes on the series and decided our favorite episode was when BBT took on the character of the "minister". His character, playing another character was amazingly well done. I know a woman from MN and BBT nailed the accent. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:01 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
Can't see a sequel because, without BBT, I don't think it would be very interesting. BBT's character was the "glue" that held the show together, IMHO.
Dexter (I don't know if you watched it) has main antagonist per season. If Fargo has another season, they would need equally interesting antagonist to hold the episodes together. Dexter ran for 8 seasons, each year with different "BBT" to go against Dexter. Perhaps, there is another BBT in Fargo's future if there is one.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:13 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Perhaps, there is another BBT in Fargo's future if there is one.
Could Malvo have a twin brother?