Facebook

clifp

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I just joined Facebook a few days ago. I must say it is the first social networking site that actually has caught my interest.

It is a great way of connecting with old friends/acquaintances.
Anybody else on it? Want to PM me your facebook contact info.

Clif, I know a lot of people who love being on Facebook--it does sound like fun.

My son's computer got a virus from a facebook attachment (he says :) -- I said, can't you just get a virus the old fashioned way:)?) so be careful.

We joined Facebook to keep up with what is going on in the lives of our 30-something children. We often learn of their significant events (and minor ones too) on Facebook before we hear directly from the kids. I have renewed contact with some high school classmates on Facebook and have found it to be a good way to keep in contact with extended family members (nieces, newphews and cousins).

Facebook is cool

I signed up on Facebook last year and it has already allowed me to reconnect with old friends from all over the world. I usually avoid all social networking sites, but my wife convinced me to give this one a try. I may even keep up with it!

I recently joined facebook and absolutely love it! It's a great way to keep up with what's going on in the lives of family and friends.

I signed up so I could stay in touch with what's happening in DD and DS's worlds. However, I have been pleased that I have found a couple of old friends with it, and another couple have found me, all in the llast 4 weeks. Before that, I rarely paid it any attention, just a check on DD and DS from time to time. Now look at it several times a week.

R

I joined to try out some communications capabilities for a nonprofit I volunteer with. Not many people my age to "friend" so any of you who want to friend me I will accept into my small circle :)

I love FB, and am finding it extremely useful to keep up with old friends and plan my old high school's reunion coming up in the summer. The last one we did was five years ago, and it is so much easier now, with the advent of FB, to find our old classmates.
I'm on MySpace as well, and I much prefer the social aspect of FB to it--the only reason for me to be on MS is to keep up with my favorite bands.

I joined Facebook a year or so ago, and pretty much hate it. I'm really tired of people throwing sheep at me, buying me virtual beers, and inviting me to play silly games. Maybe I just need better friends - ones that buy me real beer and don't throw things!

I joined Facebook a year or so ago, and pretty much hate it. I'm really tired of people throwing sheep at me, buying me virtual beers, and inviting me to play silly games. Maybe I just need better friends - ones that buy me real beer and don't throw things!

You can ignore these things. It's ok to ignore this kind of stuff. It is also ok to ignore friend requests from people you don't want to be "friends" with.

Sheep throwing and empty beers...hmmmmmmm.
A modern PC variation on getting drunk and tipping cows, perhaps ? :rolleyes:

I'm not a Facebook member. I just never thought about joining.

You can also change your notifications so that you aren't bombarded by those things. I usually ignore all of the farm animals, drinks, snowballs, karma, etc.

Freebird you should check it out, it is actually kinda fun to learn what happened to old so-and-so from back in the day.

I just got my page up and have found college friends I have not heard from in 10+ years and HS friends I have not heard from in 15+ years.

The games keep work somewhat bearable if I need a break.

OK, I've joined facebook. One problem is that for two friend requests from high school classmates. I remember their names and have a vague recollection of who they are, but that's it.

Al, what are the odds they are thinking the same of you? And what's wrong with being honest and telling them (surprise!) your memory isn't what it once was and your recollection of those days was lost in a drug-induced haze? :cool:

I just joined Facebook a few days ago. I must say it is the first social networking site that actually has caught my interest.

It is a great way of connecting with old friends/acquaintances...

Me, too--I just joined facebook a few days ago, after my good friend from high school showed it to me when I visited Manila last month.

For a person who works in I.T., I'm not up on stuff at all like IM, Skype, twitter, etc. I like to initiate contact and like to hear from others but I don't like being barraged by contact from others. Most of my facebook stuff, I pegged down as visible to "only friends".

Anyway, I have 5 friends in Facebook--3 high-school friends, a cousin, and a niece. I like interacting with them, so far, and will add a few more close friends and relatives.

I like the ability to post many photo albums with 60 pics each. Flickr limits a user to 200 photos unless one signs up for a fee. I also have pics on photobucket, but I don't use that account much, only for pics that I link to from this ER forum.

I joined FB recently to keep in touch with a couple of friends in the UK and also with DD.

Today I received a contact from an old High school friend who I haven't seen since we graduated in 1973. We used to be good friends, big time drinking buddies. (This is back in England where the drinking age is 18, and most lads start drinking at 16 if they want to).

This particular friend scared the life out of us one night on the way home from the pub one night when he jumped ...... To read more click here.

Anyway, it's really great to be back in touch with him, so just for this alone I am pleased to have been introduced to FB.

I have accounts on FB and many other social and professional networking sites. I used to have to keep up with this stuff when I was doing computer and network security and because it was w*rk I never really got into it. Since ER I've fallen a little out of touch, although I've messed around with twitter, dig, rss, etc. I barely have enough time in my life to do the things I want to do, much less sit on a computer all day. Why am I talking to you people, anyway? And how do I know you are really people? :hide: [wandering off into paranoid delusion #2142]

Why am I talking to you people, anyway? And how do I know you are really people? :hide: [wandering off into paranoid delusion #2142]
We aren't. We're all one, just random burst of electrons/holes flitting about erratically and messing with your mind.

:)

Back
Top Bottom