Join Early Retirement Today

Fall in nyc
Old 10-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Fall in nyc

today is finally our day for peak fall colors. thats one of the nice things about being in a colder climate, all though i hate raking this crap up afterwards.
soooooo for those of you with nothing to rake heres a few shots.
these are mine, ill post marilyns after.

mathjak107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

these are marilyns

Old 10-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Wow! Those are beautiful pictures. You are a great photographer. Thanks for posting them.

The trees here in north Texas are just beginning to change. Of course, they start changing and the leaves are gone in a flash. We don't ever see such vivid color.
Cruisinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Beautiful! Is this the same park in Bayside that you showed in an earlier thread? I don't recall this park but our tenancy there is ancient history. We lived in an apartment near the Throg's Neck Bridge and Ft. Totten.
WhoDaresWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

this is a different park right off northern and the cross island. its called oakland lake.. its a 15,000 year old glacial spring.

you must have lived right near us, we are right across from the bay terrace shopping center in an apartment
Old 10-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #6

Ah, yes, I remember the Bay Terrace Shopping center. I used to do my grocery shopping there. Also frequented the deli and the bakery a lot. My son teethed on those bagels, and I gained a huge amount of weight when I was expecting him on the cherry cheese strudel at that bakery. I used to go the library up on the corner with the playground in back. We rented an apartment in the Bay Club for one year, then moved to another rented apartment in Baybridge when our rent was raised.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

we are right on the block with the library in an apartment building. bakery is long gone. most stores have changed a few times. the rents are killing everyone in the shopping center.
the bay club still has a reputation as the swankiest place in town.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:38 PM   #8

What?!! The bakery isn't there anymore? And I was just getting ready to sue them for all that weight gain while I was enceinte....just joking(see the concurrent thread on the jury system). I am surprised that the Bay Club hasn't been surpassed by some other high rise by now. After we left Queens we moved to Nassau Co....Syossett, for a few years. I think of the area very fondly. I remember seeing E.T. at the movie theater in downtown Bayside. Have close friends who lived in Flushing at the same time that we lived in the area, they are now retired to Sarasota...our kids were babies together. Eons ago. I think that deli was a Hebrew National deli if I remember correctly. I used to get chopped liver take out for myself at least once a week.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:44 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

actually bens deli and marilyn and i went there tonight.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #10

It's a small world for sure.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:42 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Very beautiful.

Thank you for sharing!
tmm99 is online now   Reply With Quote