• 21-30

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Lost Count!

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I come from a small family................ :eek:

My 2 children are the only male heirs allowing our family's name to carry on............... :p

I'm not sure what you mean - Immediate family is just me and SO (and several non-humans). Or do you mean family I grew up in - the typical mom, dad, two kids?

Sheryl said:
I'm not sure what you mean - Immediate family is just me and SO (and several non-humans). Or do you mean family I grew up in - the typical mom, dad, two kids?

Your bloodline family............kids, dad, mom, grandkids, cousins........... ;)

Considering that one grandmother had 14 kids and the other had 6, I answered Lost Count!

FinanceDude said:
I come from a small family................ :eek:

My 2 children are the only male heirs allowing our family's name to carry on............... :p

Well you're 2 up on me, neither of my 2 kids is sporting any equipment in that area.....

- John

runchman said:
Well you're 2 up on me, neither of my 2 kids is sporting any equipment in that area.....

- John

I'm not complaining, but I said a lot of prayers to have at least ONE boy. My sister died, but never had any kids. My brother is 36, has a girlfriend who doesn't want any more kids, and just last week told me he's a LONG ways from being married...... :LOL: :LOL:

My only uncle got divorced from his first wife and had no kids, and remarried another lady with grown kids, so her kids kept their biological name.

Hopefully one of my sons will have a son, or else our family name will die with them........... :p :p :p :p

father, sister, 2 nephews, one niece, two aunts

No idea beyond that as to who has how many children or spouses or if they are still alive

I had to say "lost count" because dad and mom divorced, remarried so I can double everything along with step siblings and relatives. Strangely enough we all get along just fine. Also dh was married before so we have all those relatives too, we also get along very well with his ex and her new family.

Relatively few family in near vacinity - brother, sister, mother, father, wife, son, sister-in-law, nephew, niece.

Distantly I have many relatives on the east coast, many of whom I have not met. Though I do have an aunt, uncle, 2 1st cousins, and 2 2nd cousins who I have met and see every 3-5 years (usually whenever a family member dies).

Two brothers, a sister, two uncles (one deceased), two aunts, five first cousins, a niece, a grandniece and a grandnephew, and more second cousins than I can count (or have met...).

Few on my side of the family. My wife has at least 20 aunts and uncles all of who have children. There is going to be a cousin reunion of over 100 this August.

Outtahere said:
I had to say "lost count" because dad and mom divorced, remarried so I can double everything along with step siblings and relatives. Strangely enough we all get along just fine. Also dh was married before so we have all those relatives too, we also get along very well with his ex and her new family.

Outtahere: With your sense of humor, I would be surprised if you didn't get along well with everybody.

Plus, you're a naughty girl, and that is a hard combo to beat.
:D

lost count. My grandma is one of 11 and every summer we go to the lake for a long weekend. grandma's siblings, their kids, their kids kids...we usually have a turn out of about 150.

remaining in my immediate family is myself, brother, sil, 2 nephews & 1 niece.

maternal grandfather had just one brother, my very favorite uncle. he had one daughter who worked on an indian reservation and then married a doc who volunteered there. unfortunately as they moved to colorado when i was very little i've never met their two children but my brother has.

maternal grandmother is from family of 10 out of which 7 survived down to my generation and beyond. i am closest to these cousins and very close to many. we are currently all emailing each other because we are dividing up my greatgrandfather's property in israel (then palestine). what a mess and not worth the bother but nice to have so much family contact. when we lived in jersey, mom kept the family together with everyone meeting twice a year for parties. we usually had about 65 first & 2nd cousins show at these.

paternal grandmother, no idea what so ever. i think there are a few brothers but--at least to my memory--i never met any of that family.

paternal grandfather, met the guy all of three times in my life. recently rediscovering that family. he had about 4 brothers & 3 sisters. so far i have spoken with one of my dad's first cousins for the first time in my life and i'm emailing my newly found second cousin, seems like a real nice guy. i mentioned him in another post, i found him online. it was really cool to see my last name online with someone else's first name attached to it. once pursued, i believe i will have found another family as large as my maternal grandmother's side. and a good thing too because with so many people aging and dying, i need the replacements.

Direct = 2 kids, no grandkids. My side: 3 brothers, 2 sisters, 26 nephews/nieces, about 10 great N/N; bunch of cousins. DW's side: 2 brothers, 1 sister; 8 nephews an nieces, bunch of cousins.

I have a really small and shrinking family.

My immediate family was a generic one: mom, dad, me, brother. = 4
Brother had two kids. (don't count his estranged DW) = 6
On my dad's side, one brother, who had a generic family of four as well. =10
Neither of those two cousins is reproducing, though one has a spouse = 11
On mom's side she had a bro. and sis. Bro died, as did his offspring.
Sis (my aunt) had a generic family of four = 15
One of the two cousins married and reproduced a generic family of four = 19.

So my extended family is 19, but I never see any of them except dad and sometimes brother.

Enormous! Mom and Dad from family of 6 each. All sibs had at least 3 kids, and my cousins and sibs are doin' their part to keep up the tradition. Lost count way back. DH, none left to carry on the name.
...shame about that!

Sarah

Last edited:
Me: one brother & his wife, my parents, 3 of 4 grand-parents (all in their 80s and living like they're in their 50s!), 3 paternal aunts/uncles still alive, one with spouse and 3 kids. 3 maternal aunts/uncles and their spouses, 1, 2, and 3 kids respectively. a couple of my cousins have kids. The extended maternal clan is probably about 50+ with great aunts, 2nd cousins, and other types of folks I only see at the family reunion. Dad's extended fam is about the same, though we don't visit them as often. My bro and i haven't had kids, I probably won't for reasons both health-and personality-related, Brother probably will once SIL finishes up grad school.

DH: Only child; His mom; one of 2 maternal uncles, wife, and 6(!)kids; both paternal uncles, their wives/SOs and kids, 2 of 4 grandparents (maternal), miscellaneous cousins, great-aunts, etc that he only sees at reunions and such.

All told, not quite 30 on my side, about 20 on DH's. the families are definitely shrinking with each generation, but we're both from the south and that seems to be the trend around here.

Back
Top Bottom