Family photo

img_810476_0_13a267851772b51ddde327210c800922.gif

Sorry, my scanner isn't working and anyway, people didn't run around with cameras back in the long ago like they do now. So there aren't many pics.:angel:

I was wearing extra-short-shorts, bare midriff tops and no bra to school about the same time...that was the style year-round in Florida (hey, at least I wasn't streaking, like some of my classmates! :LOL:). Why my very old-fashioned parents never said anything against such skimpy attire was a puzzle. They certainly had strict rules about everything else.
Not for school, but for everyday hanging out...we used to take an extra large scarf, fold it over into a triangle, safety pin the apex to a leather choker, and tie the other two corners around the back. Voila, a quick and dirty halter top! Pair that with a pair of hiphugger jeans shorts with a wide belt and of course the same leather sandals Khan was wearing. And of course aviator frame sunglasses. We were cool! :cool:
Sorry, no pics available. ;)

Not for school, but for everyday hanging out...we used to take an extra large scarf, fold it over into a triangle, safety pin the apex to a leather choker, and tie the other two corners around the back. Voila, a quick and dirty halter top! Pair that with a pair of hiphugger jeans shorts with a wide belt and of course the same leather sandals Khan was wearing. And of course aviator frame sunglasses. We were cool! :cool:
Sorry, no pics available. ;)

I recall that. If I can get my scanner working I will have some more photos.

Mother, Mother's Father, Mother's Sister; somewhere in the mid 30s.

Name that car.

OTg1NDMyfSt7MzY3MjAx.jpg

Last edited:
Neighbor, Sister, Brother, Me, Father; 1958

OTg1NDMyfSt7MzY3MjAw.jpg

we used to take an extra large scarf, fold it over into a triangle, safety pin the apex to a leather choker, and tie the other two corners around the back. Voila, a quick and dirty halter top! Pair that with a pair of hiphugger jeans shorts with a wide belt and of course the same leather sandals Khan was wearing. And of course aviator frame sunglasses. We were cool! :cool:

Just found some bandana handkerchiefs in a drawer, and now am looking for a choker necklace I can sew them to, to make a nice halter top for summer. Still have my wide leather belts with great big brass buckles...sadly, can't wear them with today's "pseudo-70s" hip hugger bell bottom jeans, because the dang belt loops are too small!
I don't have any jeans left from the 70's because I wore mine till they wore out, then recycled the remaining denim into drawstring tote bags for carrying shoes to work. (Drawstring = extra-long shoelace). Yup, I could recycle with the best of 'em :LOL:

Family photos

I loved the family photos! Thanks for sharing. I have a cardboard box of old photos in my closet. I plan to organize them when I retire. They bring tears to my eyes when I see my long-departed family members at weddings, graduations, Christmas mornings. My favorites are those of my Mom when she first started teaching in 1937 in an elementary school in a steel town here in western PA. She was so young and beautiful. The classes were very large and some of the children look a little threadbare(but clean). Everyone was thin, unlike children today. No soda pop, chips, video games then. I also have a photo of a weird car my Dad bought for my Mom, a Muntz Jet. He taught her to drive in that car I think.

3466780822_1e95d13652_m.jpg

Have know idea of when or where or who is who.

I think adult is maternal grandmother, don't know if child is Mother or Mother's sister; Upstate NY; 1920s.

I loved the family photos! Thanks for sharing. I have a cardboard box of old photos in my closet. I plan to organize them when I retire.

This was item number 17 on my list of things to do after I retired. I've been retired 3 years and it's now item number 31. Good luck. :D

we used to take an extra large scarf, fold it over into a triangle, safety pin the apex to a leather choker, and tie the other two corners around the back. Voila, a quick and dirty halter top! Pair that with a pair of hiphugger jeans shorts with a wide belt and of course the same leather sandals Khan was wearing. And of course aviator frame sunglasses. We were cool! :cool:

Just found some bandana handkerchiefs in a drawer, and now am looking for a choker necklace I can sew them to, to make a nice halter top for summer. Still have my wide leather belts with great big brass buckles...sadly, can't wear them with today's "pseudo-70s" hip hugger bell bottom jeans, because the dang belt loops are too small!
Sounds like fun. :D Don't forget the RayBan aviator sunglasses.
Amazon.com: Ray-Ban Large Aviator Sunglasses - Arista / Pink Silver Mirror: Apparel
Forget this price, though. :nonono:
Remember the ones with the gradually tinted lenses - tops of the lenses were darker and faded lighter toward the bottom ?
I...um...have a little more going on upstairs and around the waist these days, so I doubt I can successfully carry off the halter top/hiphugger look of my teenage years. :whistle:
I did notice that halter tops and peasant blouses are back "in" when I was cruising the Sears clothing sales online a few weeks ago. Retro! :blush:

Nords - Great photo of you two!
Thanks!

We also have a foot-tall stack of photos that spouse has been meaning to organize for about 10 years. I just finished moving all the 1990s 3.5" diskette "Kodak PicDisks" to the hard drive, but we're going to have to find a scanner that does bulk feeds of 4"x6" prints...

Next week I'm taking the 15-year-old VHS cassette to Costco's photo counter for transferring the baby videos to a DVD, and this time I really mean it! I should probably have the star of those videos drive it over there herself.

Nords' picture of his mother and daughter reminded me that I wanted to do a side by side of my daughter and my mom. I only have one of my mom as a child (circa 1915) and couldn't find a really good match with Jenn but pretty close:

main.php

Back
Top Bottom