Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Fan lined up?check.Excrement ready to hit? check
Old 04-14-2006, 01:24 AM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

This is too funny:

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2006, 05:30 AM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Cool Dood,

Keep making posts like this and you may lose your Canadian citizenship.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #43

SC-- just wondering what violation of the 4th Admendment your talking about that was not challegned and is no longer in effect?
Old 04-14-2006, 07:19 PM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets-retire
SC-- just wondering what violation of the 4th Admendment your talking about that was not challegned and is no longer in effect?
Hi - I really didn't intend to start or get into a point-by-point political debate; it's great that this board has people of all stripes and everyone can state their opinions (some like GWB, some can't stand him, and that's all fine).

But since you asked directly, there were two things in my mind when I mentioned the fourth amendment. The first was the warrantless domestic spying on American citizens. The second was the provision in the first "Patriot Act" that allowed gov't agents to break into your home and conduct secret searches without telling you. The fourth amendment is pretty clear about these things:
Quote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
The point I was trying to make is that when GWB took office, I expected to disagree strongly with many of his policies, but I did not expect that he and others in his administration would be arguing that they have the power to spy on American citizens, to declare them enemy combatants and hold them indefinitely in secret, etc. So my surprise at the reports that pre-emptive nuclear war is being discussed seriously in the White House, well, that's just something else I didn't expect to hear.

I mean, I disagreed strongly with a lot of Bush Sr.'s policies, but at least then I felt like we had grown-ups in charge. (Likewise with Bill Clinton's administration.) The current bunch just scares the bejeezus out of me.

Anyhow, I'm sure this isn't what y'all came here for. How 'bout them REITs? And look, boobies!

SC
Old 04-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #45
Full time employment: Posting here.

They seem so smug... like they know that they're called "boobies"
Old 04-16-2006, 01:00 AM   #46

SC--Ok as long as your not going to bring up the wire taps.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:02 AM   #47
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm just fine with them developing nukes.* We should just limit the range of those nukes to reach only the surrounding countries.

These islamofacists want to KILL us and every other person or country who does not share their belief system.* Why doesn't anyone understand that?* We absolutely cannot allow or condone anyone or any leader who outright claims to destroy Isreal or any other country for that matter, to develop a nuclear program.*

These are third world countries, they do not think like us.* They will use this technology for mass destruction, not as a peace tool.* They have already admitted to that.* They do not care if they die as long as they take us with them.* That is a FACT people.* They believe Allah will have a special place in heaven for them if they kill infidels.* They will become "hero's".* This is why people like them blew up the Trade Center, hijack planes, take hostages, behead hostages, blow up subways, etc...* their idea of a perfect world is extermination or enslavement of all non-believers of Islam.*

This is no laughing matter.* The only reason the US and Russia did not use them against each other is because they wanted their people to live and would lose everything if they used them.* These people do not care.

Thats why we need to stop them.* It is our duty and obligation to protect our country and our allies from attack from a foreign entity.

How soon we all forget past events and take for granted the freedom that we have.

Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money no more. And I said, that's good! One less thing.* * * * ** Forrest Gump
gtmeouttahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:10 AM   #48

It's tough to win a fight against someone who would rather be dead.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #49
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

No its quite easy.

Give them their wish.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:52 AM   #50
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
No its quite easy.

Give them their wish.
Bingo!!!* Ding Ding Ding Ding, we got a winner!!!!
Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money no more. And I said, that's good! One less thing.* * * * ** Forrest Gump
Old 04-17-2006, 01:22 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmeouttahere
. . .

These are third world countries, they do not think like us.* They will use this technology for mass destruction, not as a peace tool.* They have already admitted to that.* They do not care if they die as long as they take us with them.* That is a FACT people.* They believe Allah will have a special place in heaven for them if they kill infidels.* They will become "hero's".* This is why people like them blew up the Trade Center, hijack planes, take hostages, behead hostages, blow up subways, etc...* their idea of a perfect world is extermination or enslavement of all non-believers of Islam.*

This is no laughing matter.* The only reason the US and Russia did not use them against each other is because they wanted their people to live and would lose everything if they used them.* These people do not care.

Thats why we need to stop them.* It is our duty and obligation to protect our country and our allies from attack from a foreign entity.
Them is scarry.* I'm just not quite sure we know exactly who them is.* *
Old 04-17-2006, 01:53 AM   #52
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Them is scarry.* I'm just not quite sure we know exactly who them is.
"THEM" are muslim extremists and the countries that provide safe harbor and support to "Them".* Iran's leader has already proven to be one of "Them" by the statement's he has already publicly issued to Isreal.* The rest of the people in Iran's fate rests in the hands of their leader.

It's funny how you left a very important paragraph out of your quote equation, I'll go ahead and insert it for you at the bottom of this post.* That paragraph should have made it self explanatory who "Them" were.* What other people willingly blow themselfs up to take out as many non-believers as possible to send a message....HMMM, I think that would be Muslims predomanatly.*

Quote:
These islamofacists want to KILL us and every other person or country who does not share their belief system.* Why doesn't anyone understand that?* We absolutely cannot allow or condone anyone or any leader who outright claims to destroy Isreal or any other country for that matter, to develop a nuclear program
I think that explains a lot about who "Them" are.* Let's not be blind about the facts.* We have known for a long time who our enemies are and what countries are aiding them.* Lets not be politicly correct about this issue and sugarcoat it.* They see this as our weakness and that is exactly what they want us to do.* It will kill us all in the long run if we keep turning a blind eye to the facts.* There will always be collateral damage in warfare such as this because they are cowards and always hide themselves behind the innocent. The important thing is that we will actually have a future because of the sacrifices of the innocent.*
Old 04-17-2006, 02:20 AM   #53

Quote:
"THEM" are muslim extremists and the countries that provide safe harbor and support to "Them".* Iran's leader has already proven to be one of "Them" by the statement's he has already publicly issued to Isreal.* The rest of the people in Iran's fate rests in the hands of their leader. . . .
I'm glad you are so sure about who the them is that you are going to kill or punish. I have many muslim friends and colleagues from Arab nations who I am concerned about. These friends don't seem to be the them you are refering to. Many of them are among the most polite and generous people I know. I worry about them.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:23 AM   #54
Recycles dryer sheets

It's ok to worry about your friends.* They probably are the innocent people I was referring to.* War isn't easy and people die, thats a fact, but if you don't stand up and fight against tyranny, it will win, and maybe you or your family will die next because of our inaction.

Is that something you are willing to sacrifice?

Quote:
I have many muslim friends and colleagues from Arab nations
I am sure there are many friendly people in the USA and Isreal as well that you could be worried about to.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:10 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpp

Bpp, under the influence of shochu, but seriously wondering.

Ummmmmmmmmm shochu.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:33 AM   #56
Give me a forum ...

While in Japan on company bidness some years ago, we had a bottle that the bar kept stashed for us. Interesting and useful Japanese custom.

Ours was easily identified by the map of Texas on the label... 8)

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:40 AM   #57
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
It's ok to worry about your friends.* They probably are the innocent people I was referring to.* War isn't easy and people die, thats a fact, but if you don't stand up and fight against tyranny, it will win, and maybe you or your family will die next because of our inaction.

Is that something you are willing to sacrifice?
You know, every time I read somehing like this, I just get this feeling that the person writing it is only too willing to sacrifice other people, just so long as they get to keep their comfy little life tgether as it suits them.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #58

Brewer--I agree with gtmeouttahere's, but feel reposting essentially the same thing is a waste of bandwidth. That said, I would be over there in a minute, but the Military Entrance Processing Station doctors said, that because I have a malady, that only they seem to be able to diagnose, I am permenantly disqualified from military service. The malady is heartburn related. When I was originally diagnosed for the heartburn issue (small hiatal hernia) the doctor said I didn't have any other symptoms or issues other than the heartburn. He put that in the medical records. The MEPS doc read the same record I did and now says I do have the secondary issues.

The short of it is I agree with the statement, but because of an incompetent doctor am precluded from joining the military again and going to Iraq.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #59
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets-retire
The short of it is I agree with the statement, but because of an incompetent doctor am precluded from joining the military again and going to Iraq.

Riiiggghhhtt, I'm sure that doesn't color your willingness to start a war.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:01 AM   #60
Recycles dryer sheets