Father's Day

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Happy father's day to all the dads out there. Here's a picture of my father. He passed away over 30 years ago. Gone, but not forgotten. Love you dad.

Attachments

• Max 001.jpg
    Max 001.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 8
I'll second that. Wishing all you fathers out there a very happy day.

The same from me to all the Dad's, and the women and sons and daughters who created us.

Father's Day is always very nice for me because we almost always get together, and I am quite grateful to my sons and to their mother, my ex-wife, because I really like being a father and no man is able to become a father without a woman's major committment in concieving, carrying and birthing some child or children, and some babies healthy enough to survive this process.

Also very nice when the mother does does a good job afterward, and the kids grow up to be quality people. Fathers' Day is a thanksgiving occasion for me.

Ha

Last edited:
Today I did something different for Father's Day.

I thought about my Father and some of my Grandfathers who are now gone. They had to overcome quite a bit of adversity:
- My Father grew up in a family that had a tough time in the Depression. Then there was WW II where he shipped out with the Navy as a Pharmacist's Mate. He then worked as a machinist and got enough training to switch to some white collar work. He was a good provider and I never had to worry about the roof over my head. More importantly, he loved me and gave me emotional support. Also he and my Mom put me through college and that has carried through to a good financial future for our family.

- One Grandfather was a milliner (hat maker) and lost a rental apartment in the Depression. So my Mom had to take to work quite seriously at an early age but was always happy. That was an age when many women did not work.

- Another Grandfather escaped from the Czar's military and made it to the US.

As the current old guy in our very small family, I owe them a lot. My occasional very minor troubles pale in comparison.

When my son calls today maybe I'll mention a bit of this.

Happy Father's Day to all you guys out there!

Dad's favorite hiking trails are at Colorado National Monument. This picture was taken in December 2009, and his last hike there was January 2011.

Attachments

• Dad at Colorado National Monument.JPG
    Dad at Colorado National Monument.JPG
    442.4 KB · Views: 7
Happy Father's Day ! My Dad was the best Dad I could have asked for and even though he has been dead for over thirty years I still miss him.

Happy Father's Day :greetings10:

I'm fortunate to still have my daddy. I call him every day...so for me, every day is Father's Day. :)

Happy father's day to all the dads out there. Here's a picture of my father. He passed away over 30 years ago. Gone, but not forgotten. Love you dad.

Good pic. Was he an engineer?

My Dad died in 2003. Can't say we had an Andy and Opie relationship, but we had a pretty good bond. He introduced me to golf, so that is something that reminds me of him almost everyday.

Happy father's day to all.....

Happy Father's Day to all!

My father died 30 years ago in February, and I miss him and think about him every day. He was one of those naturally cheerful, extroverted people who was always quick with a bon mot or an amusing story, the type of man who "never met a stranger". My older sister and I were born to him late in life for the time (44 and 50) and he never failed to somehow make us feel (without actually saying it) that we were the best thing to happen to him. It is a great gift to grow up feeling cherished.

Lost my Dad when I was 13. Now I am 60 and spent the day with my son and my 5 year old grand son. Life isn't fair but life is good. Happy FD to all the Dads out there !

Last edited:
The same from me to all the Dad's, and the women and sons and daughters who created us.

Father's Day is always very nice for me because we almost always get together, and I am quite grateful to my sons and to their mother, my ex-wife, because I really like being a father and no man is able to become a father without a woman's major committment in concieving, carrying and birthing some child or children, and some babies healthy enough to survive this process.

Also very nice when the mother does does a good job afterward, and the kids grow up to be quality people. Fathers' Day is a thanksgiving occasion for me.

Ha

Well said Ha!

Back
Top Bottom