Favorite Actors/Actresses

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have these four obsessions, none huge stars but all very good and to me, very appealing. I like all these women more as they have gotten older than I did in their early movies when they were quite young.

Jennifer Beals -Rodger Dodger, Flashdance, Devil in a Blue Dress

Elizabeth Berkley-Rodger Dodger, Showgirls, Any Given Sunday

Elisabeth Shue-Back to the Future, the Karate Kid, and one of the best female roles ever in one of the best movies ever filmed, Leaving Las Vegas

Debra Winger-Urban Cowboy, Officer and Gentleman, and (my fave) Sheltering Sky.

I guess Debra Winger got the biggest roles, but all of these women are excellent actors, very real seeming, and with a sexiness that seems to come from inside.

Anyone else like to list some faves?

Ha

best comedy

One of my favorite comedies: In Laws
with Alan Arkin and Peter Falk.

A classic.

Melt.....

thumbnail.aspx

I used to be a fan of Mel Gibson. "Gallipoli" and "The Year of Living Dangerously" were two of my favorites from his early years.

Kevin Kline (nominated by my wife for De-Lovely, and by both of us for A Fish Named Wanda, and by me for Pirates of Penzance)
Richard Gere (nominated by my wife for Pretty Woman, and by me for Dr. T and the Women)
Jeremy Irons (nominated by me for many creepy roles)
Meryl Streep (for amazing accents, in Out of Africa, and so on)
Oliver Platt (by me, for Casanova, which Jeremy Irons was in, too)
Patricia Clarkson (by me, for a comedy with Oliver Platt, whose name escapes me) [Edit: it was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieces_of_April ]

I just discussed this with my wife, and we decided not to include older actors, like Cary Grant and Gregory Peck, because there are just too many great ones.

A woman so beautiful it hurts to look at her.

Attachments

• audrey-hepburn.jpg
    audrey-hepburn.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 4
Harrison Ford and Toshiro Mifune have my vote for my favorite actors.

Jackie Chan, because there's hasn't been another person alive who has made choreographed fight scenes as fun to watch. The Legend of Drunken Master is one of my favorite movies.

Jack Lemmon's right up there. Who could possibly forget him in The Great Race?

Cary Grant, with Operation Petticoat being my personal favorite from him.

Gregory Peck, because Atticus Finch is still one of the greatest performances I've ever seen.

Tony Kurtis, especially in The Great Impostor.

Sigourney Weaver, especially in Alien and the Ghostbusters movies.

Bruce Boxleitner, who will always and forever be Captain/President John Sheridan.

Jewel Staite, possibly most known for her role of Kaylee Frye on Firefly.

There are so many others that I greatly enjoy watching most of the time, the list would grow too long. I'm happy there are so many great movies and shows with great actors and actresses out there. :D

I love love English accents & English actors so my favorites are Hugh Grant ( my all time favorite ) , Colin Firth , and Liam Neeson ( okay he is from Ireland but that is close enough ) and last but not least is Gerald Butler ( okay he is from Scotland and I usually can not understand a word they say but he is a hunk )

Morgan Freeman- Driving Miss Daisy

Meryl Streep- Bridges of Madison County

There is so much talent out there it is astounding. It seems that most actors can not just act, but sing and dance and look great and do stunts and all sorts of accents that it never ceases to amaze me.

A few of my still living favorites off the top of my head are Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Jodi Foster, Cissy Spacek, Sally Field, Kate Winslet, Gynneth Paltrow, Goldie Hawn, Ashley Judd, Cher, Mia Farrow, Swoosie Kurtz, Geena Davis, Susan Sarandon and Julie Christie.

Among the men: Robin Williams, Robert De Niro, Tim Robbins, Leonardo DiCaprio, Colin Firth, Denzel Washington, Bryan Brown (fell in love with him when I was stuck at home with a new baby and the "Thorn Birds" hit the air waves), Clint Eastwood, Gerard Depardieu, Robert Redford, Sean Penn, Morgan Freeman and Steve Martin.

Yes I do. I remember I was so envious she could fly! :LOL:

Me too!! We were young enough to even imagine flying. I think I even tried to fly in my back yard a couple of times, but never got any higher than I could jump. I loved that show and thought it was a great role for her, despite the fact that people make fun of it.

Kevin Spacey, Kevin Kline, Willem Dafoe, William H. Macy, Morgan Freeman, Robert DeNiro...

Helen Mirren, Jody Foster, Julianne Moore, Charlize Theron, Merly Streep, Ashley Judd...

Off the top of my head...

Yes I do. I remember I was so envious she could fly! :LOL:

Not to mention she could surf before going into the convent! I loved Gidget--what a life.

Attachments

• 061110-Sally-Field-350.jpg
    061110-Sally-Field-350.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 3
I thought Gidget was the COOLEST EVER!! I wanted to be just like her (or Marie Curie, depending on my mindset on any given day).

I'm always a sucker for an old Gary Cooper movie.

Julianne Moore. And don´t ask me why.....:confused:
Charleze Theron for obvious reasons. Ditto for Meryl Streep:).
Men? The usual suspects: De Niro, Pacino, Depp....:cool:

It's hard to choose my top favorites, since I have so many favorites! However, easily at the very tip top of my list are Moses Horwitz, Louis Feinberg, Jerome "Jerry" Horwitz.....better known as Moe Howard, Larry Fine, and Curly Howard....my all time heroes....The Three Stooges! I absolutely love those guys! They were my mentors growing up, and in truth, they still are!!! :uglystupid:

As for "serious" actors, Jimmy Stewart makes top spot. He had so many facets to his acting career. He could play humorous roles or serious roles, and could easily fit either style. And he always seemed to be a very personable kind of man! A great talent!!! Next after him, I'd add in Henry Fonda. He always looked natural in the roles that he played....he always seemed very 'comfortable' in his roles.

I'm and old 'black & white' movie kind of guy (especially old westerns), and so I tend to really like the old actors and actresses of yesteryear. I can't really come up with any modern day actors that really stand out to me. Heck, if I could only get the Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and the Encore Western Channel, and RFD-TV, I'd be a happy camper, because if my TV is on, it's more than likely tuned to one of those channels! :)

Back
Top Bottom