Favorite Beatles song

"Yesterday" or "I Want to Hold Your Hand" or.... there's so many to choose from :)

"Here, there and everywhere" from the Revolver album.

I mentioned recently in a thread I started that I am a huge Beatles fan. Therefore, by nature, I don't have a favorite because, to me, they created so many great recordings. But somehow the uplifting "Penny Lane" always makes me feel warm and good whenever I hear it.

I remember when it came out in early 1967 when I was 12, with "Strawberry Fields Forever" on the other side of that 45 RPM single. It was the first record I ever bought with my own measly money. What a great record!

This particular record, in large part, is what I meant when I said in my other thread that The Beatles brought me in my youth from a flat, mono, black-n-white world to 3D, stereophonic psychedelic color. (Meanwhile, BTW, TV had just made the total transition from B&W to color by early 1967, with the major push to convert occurring the 1965-1966 season.)

The Beatles Penny Lane HD - YouTube

Then came their Sgt. Pepper's LP:

How much The Beatles' look and sound had changed drastically in just three years. Three years!

Last edited:
So many songs to choose from, and such a broad spectrum over the years!

But I would say:

(1) You're Going To Lose That Girl

(2) You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

(3) a fun one:
"filling in the ticket in a little white book
in a cap, she looked much older
and the bag, across her shoulder
made her look a little like a military man" :)

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away. Especially the video from the movie (Help!).

Wow, alcohol and threats of bodily harm. Acceptable standards for moderator behavior have certainly changed since I held the mouse.

No one ever said I was acceptable. But you still get that Sam Adams for making people smile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom