Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Favorite Girl Scout cookie ?
Thin mints 30 46.15%
Samoas 22 33.85%
Tagalongs 7 10.77%
Trefoils 3 4.62%
Do SI Do's 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

By the way samoas are also good chilled !

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #22

Thin mints - I ate the last of mine yesterday

Old 03-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #23
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
The classic thin mints, capable of inhaling a sleeve at a time.

This board is diet unfriendly today, what with Girl Scout cookies and po'boy sandwich discussions!
I thought Thin Mints made you thinner - no?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Thin mints......everything else is 2nd rate..........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #25

Thin mints, without question. Problem is they don't last long around here. They "evaporate" very quickly.

Of course, that's true of just about anything with chocolate in it.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #26
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free To Canoe View Post
I love it when they go door to door in their uniforms to sell.
Here in AZ, they've got canopies set up and the moms hawking them at the entrance to Walmart... Not sure what message that sends the scouts.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #27
Full time employment: Posting here.

We really like the mints. Sometimes I get the pressured feeling at work from a parent or two that have Scouts...to buy them. The parents must be under some pressure to sell cookies and I think it gives the kids good salesman skills for selling used cars later in life. I usually buy a box or two because I know the consequences...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg girl-scouts-demotivational-poster.jpg (57.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

My daughter was a girl scout and when cookie time rolled around I offered to just donate money instead of selling those cookies . No go ! My spare room was lined with cookie boxes . I ended up buying a lot of them and just taking them to work for the break room.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDaresWins View Post
Thin mints hands down for me! They are great frozen by the way. I bought a box from the Girl Scouts selling in the lobby of the grocery store. Will come in handy some day when I have a chocolate attack.
THIN MINTS
THIN MINTS
THIN MINTS

I don't think I've ever eaten 1 unfrozen.
Aldi's has a pretty decent "Thin Mint" cookie in their stores.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #30
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
Here in AZ, they've got canopies set up and the moms hawking them at the entrance to Walmart... Not sure what message that sends the scouts.
It was the same in Houston, but I never ever saw that in innercity Chicago.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

Picked up two more boxes of do SI do's from the girls hawking them at the King Soopers store. That makes 8 boxes this year;0)
Old 03-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
I used to go door-to-door selling candy bars from school in my immediate neighborhood, but that was in a completely different time when kids could safely do that.
I don't agree with the kids being completely absent from the selling places and process. But I can understand why parents don't want to send their kids out solo to private homes.
My neighbor (two doors away) goes with his kids door to door for safety reasons. Sounds like a good compromise.
I usually do not buy if only the parents are selling. If the kids are there actively getting my attention, I always buy something.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #33

Samoas easily. A few years ago they had a "low fat" lemon cookie that was suprisingly AMAZING, but apparently I was a minority who thought that! On a side note, there are no GS cookies I will turn down in the middle of a sugar craving!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
I used to go door-to-door selling candy bars from school in my immediate neighborhood, but that was in a completely different time when kids could safely do that.
I don't agree with the kids being completely absent from the selling places and process. But I can understand why parents don't want to send their kids out solo to private homes.
My neighbor (two doors away) goes with his kids door to door for safety reasons. Sounds like a good compromise.
I usually do not buy if only the parents are selling. If the kids are there actively getting my attention, I always buy something.
+1.

I don't think I've ever seen GS cookies being sold in front of a grocery store without Scouts being present, way outnumbering the troop leader/moms. No way can kids do wholesale door-to-door selling today without an adult accompanying them and usually they go to houses of the people they know. I would bet the troops are told NOT to go out alone.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #35
Full time employment: Posting here.

Whatever the ones with coconut and chocolate and are all gooey and delicious. Or, at least they used to be; last time I tried any, they all tasted like sugar-free nastiness. I'm hoping that was a fluke!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #36

Somoas!! I'm still delivering a few boxes to my co-workers in Indonesia when I fly there, and my youngest daughter is 20 now! I have to admit that most of them request Thin Mints, though.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #37
Dryer sheet aficionado

Samoas here. Bought some and asked that they be donated to one of the local "old folks homes"----they REALLY appreciate receiving them!