Join Early Retirement Today
Old 05-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
I'm thinking you throw the bacon, cubed cheese, and the rest of it in the food processor with your chuck cubes and pulse until the meat is 'ground' and the rest of the ingredients are shredded and incorporated. Might take a few small batches to figure out when to add things so that the bacon isnt pureed before the cheese shreds, but...thats half the fun!

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
Oh, and on a different track...

Morningstar FarmsŪ - Morningstar FarmsŪ Southwestern Style Veggie Cakes

These are really good with some sour cream on top
based upon your recommendation i tried them. love'm! perfect with sour cream as you said. also now my store has a ginger/teriyaki veggie cakes with embedded edamame instead of black beans. very nice. i add a little extra kikkoman teriyaki sauce after cooking.

i might try to make these from scratch if i should ever get ambitious enough. but for now, what a perfect lazy meal. thanx marquette.

"off with their heads"~~dr. joseph-ignace guillotin

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:29 AM   #43
y'all are gonna love this

i buy my burgers 20 at a time, in the frozen section at super wal mart for $11. if you cook em right,you cant beat it for a quick meal. OVERcook it though,and you're in trouble
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #44
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
A good old Aussie burger requires the usual slab of beef plus an egg done on the barbie, throw on a slice of pineapple and a generous helping of beetroot. Hmm my mouth is watering.
Kangaroo beef?

Full time wuss............
Dawg52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #45
Give me a forum ...
Is that a joey in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #46
i just made another batch today, nothing fancy - but finally used the focaccia bun-sized bread i had picked up a few weeks ago (and stored in the freezer). They were GREAT! my favorite bun so far - i took them out of the freezer, let thaw while the meat cooked, split and put in the toaster oven for a minute for a light toasting...

The outside of the bun was slightly toasty, inside was soft and held up well to the burger...i highly recommend them if you find them in your local TJ's!
If i think of something clever to say, i'll put it here...
bright eyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #47
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by hogtied View Post
start with meat loaf mix (beef,pork,veal), add chopped onions and green peppers, 1 egg and seasoned breadcrumbs, until mix sticks together, form pattys and grill, add slice of cheeze 2 minutes before removal from fire, place on bun and top with your favorite condiments.
My brother has a variation of this recipe. He starts with with this part of your recipe
"meat loaf mix (beef,pork,veal), add chopped onions and green peppers, 1 egg and seasoned breadcrumbs, until mix sticks together, form pattys"

but then he takes feta cheese, the seasoned kind, and stuffs each burger with a ball of it and then grills. The cheese melts through out the burger making it juicy and flavorful. They are to die for. Bonus they freeze and reheat well also.
A todos los amantes del mundo. No importa el color de su piel, la pasion es universal.

La tavola e il letto non hanno restrizioni.
Any day your on this side of the grass is a good day.
Cattusbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
BOCABURGER on the hibachi.
I'm also a fan of the Flame grilled Boca burgers . Great for lunch as long as you add tomato but when we are cooking on the grill it's real meat . Yum !

Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote