Favorite male and female singer's voices

Male - Marvin Gaye, Jim Morrison, Phillip Bailey
Female - Diana Ross (biased as I sang with her for about 10 seconds once), Diana Krall, Chaka Khan

There were some great duets in country, including George and Tammy, Conway and Loretta, and Porter and Dolly.

Not so many in rock, though both Don Henley and Tom Petty did notable duets with Stevie Nicks.

Mr. and Mrs. Loaf. Don't know if this one is technically a duet, but Merry Clayton's performance with Mick in Gimme Shelter is IMHO one of the most powerful I've ever heard.
MRG

Last edited:
Merry Clayton's performance with Mick in Gimme Shelter is IMHO one of the most powerful I've ever heard.
MRG
Definitely. Merry Clayton is amazing! Very recognizable, but seldom known. She's one of the best female voices, along with Karen Carpenter and Patsy Cline, and many others...

For men, Freddie Mercury, Art Garfunkel, Otis Redding and Bing Crosby come to mind first.

Mr. and Mrs. Loaf. Don't know if this one is technically a duet, but Merry Clayton's performance with Mick in Gimme Shelter is IMHO one of the most powerful I've ever heard.
MRG

Agreed on Gimme Shelter.

Back
Top Bottom