Favorite movies and/or t.v. series

I am out of TV for a while, but I watch MI5 at my woman friend's house. I seems pretty farfetched, but always exciting.

Ha

ItDontMeanAThing said:
Wow. So many Firefly fans on a non-geek centric forum.

Seriously. I posted that thinking it'd be ignored, and was shocked at how many +1s it got. For how many fans there are, it's a shame it was cancelled. Stupid Fox setting it up to fail.

So if you're one of the people on this forum who hasn't seen it, go do so, now! ;)

I just started watching Firefly on netflix. I had never heard of it, but I am already hooked!

Seriously. I posted that thinking it'd be ignored, and was shocked at how many +1s it got. For how many fans there are, it's a shame it was cancelled. Stupid Fox setting it up to fail.

So if you're one of the people on this forum who hasn't seen it, go do so, now! ;)

My library has it, but it already has two holds on it. Quite popular! Can't wait to check it out!

I just started watching Firefly on netflix. I had never heard of it, but I am already hooked!

I'd never heard of it either but with all these positive ratings, I checked to see if it was available on our On Demand (Comcast). No dice. But then I found that it is being rerun on the Science Channel. Pilot airs July 4th. :)

I'd never heard of it either but with all these positive ratings, I checked to see if it was available on our On Demand (Comcast). No dice. But then I found that it is being rerun on the Science Channel. Pilot airs July 4th. :)

I wonder if they'll show it in the proper order as set up by Joss Whedon, or in the order it was originally shown by Fox during their incredible mishandling of the show? It makes a difference.

I wonder if they'll show it in the proper order as set up by Joss Whedon, or in the order it was originally shown by Fox during their incredible mishandling of the show? It makes a difference.

Don't know, but I have it set for a series recording on my DVR. I hope they indicate titles and ordering or there is somewhere where the episode titles in proper order are listed. Back to Google....

Some great behind the scenes photos here:
BEST of BTS - Imgur
I like the one from Metropolis, kinda a fan of the film..

Man, that shot of Angie Dickinson is hawt! I never thought she got the sex kitten recognition she deserved. Dressed in those tight jeans and blouse in Rio Bravo she was one of my first fantasy girls. Great link there.

Great thread.

Psych and Arrested Development are both fun series. SCTV is a classic.

I almost never watch television. The last time I made a point to watch a show was in 1990. The show was Twin Peaks by David Lynch. I would recommend it.

As far as movies, here are a few that I have enjoyed more than once:

The Wizard of Oz
Casablanca
Sabrina - the original, with Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart
Roman Holiday
Being There
Blade Runner
Flashdance
Shawshank Redemption
Miss Congeniality

Man, that shot of Angie Dickinson is hawt! I never thought she got the sex kitten recognition she deserved. Dressed in those tight jeans and blouse in Rio Bravo she was one of my first fantasy girls. Great link there.

Pfft. Here's a pic of Audrey I'd never seen. Maybe barefoot in the kitchen is sexist, but it's awful sexy too.

0VB7b.jpg

Man, that shot of Angie Dickinson is hawt!
Fans of Angie and others of questionable taste can now see her in a 1971 film that has been unavailable for decades, Pretty Maids All in a Row. Warner released the DVD last year.

How weird was 1971? Keep in mind as you read on that the The Osmonds did the title song, fully knowing what the film was about.

It's a black comedy that isn't funny. A murder mystery that is only a mystery to those with room temperature IQs. So why watch it? Because it was made after the full flower of the '60s sexual revolution, after directors who understood the '60s began using the new freedoms they had and before the feminist movement. Because it's a glimpse back in time when MGM released a story that intertwined high school sex and a murder mystery where almost all the sex was between teachers and students.

Directed by Roger Vadim, who put sex into everything he did, including his most recent film Barbarella. Stared Rock Hudson and Angie Dickenson after their movie careers peaked and before their TV careers took off. Strong supporting work from Telly Savalas as the detective years before Kojak. Written by Gene Roddenberry (creator of Star Trek), costumes by the man who put all the Star Trek women in micro mini skirts. That was intentional in this film because most of the coeds were played by girls who had or were soon to appear in Playboy.

Recommended only as an experience in cultural anthropology.

Pfft. Here's a pic of Audrey I'd never seen. Maybe barefoot in the kitchen is sexist, but it's awful sexy too.

Far and away the most beautiful woman ever.

The Beast From Hollow Mountain, ca 1956, scared the everloving !@##!@ out of me as a little kid. I just knew that swinging on a rope at a monster was a very bad idea. My parents had kept my movie and tv viewing at a pretty non-violent level, but they left me with friends whose parents took us all to the movie and dropped us off. I was not a brave soldier. Was threatened with removal from the theater if I didn't stop screaming, so i hid on the floor with the gum and jujubees.

YouTube - ‪The Beast From Hollow Mountain - Final Sequence‬‏

Here's a blast from the past that is just as hilarious as it was when it aired in the 70s.
It's called SOAP, and it is on Netflix (you can stream it) Found out it was on there and watched three episodes last night. My 31 year son thought it was great too. Make sure you watch at least 3 episodes until you get a handle on the characters

Great series. None of the so called comedy series today can hold a candle. In fact most comedy series today are pathetic.

What do you all think has been the best medical series show on. There's one I have come across that way done well, but don't know the name of it.

Don't know, but I have it set for a series recording on my DVR. I hope they indicate titles and ordering or there is somewhere where the episode titles in proper order are listed. Back to Google....

When I checked today, I found that there were 14 episodes of Firefly on my DVR that had been recorded over July 4th. It turns out they were aired in the intended order, available here on Wikipedia:

List of Firefly episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

modhatter said:
Here's a blast from the past that is just as hilarious as it was when it aired in the 70s.
It's called SOAP, and it is on Netflix (you can stream it) Found out it was on there and watched three episodes last night. My 31 year son thought it was great too. Make sure you watch at least 3 episodes until you get a handle on the characters

Great series. None of the so called comedy series today can hold a candle. In fact most comedy series today are pathetic.

What do you all think has been the best medical series show on. There's one I have come across that way done well, but don't know the name of it.

I loved SOAP! Another favorite from that era was WKRP. Fans will remember "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

I loved SOAP! Another favorite from that era was WKRP. Fans will remember "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

I have lots of old TV series that I like:

WKRP is got to be at the top. The "dancing ducks" in the store window was Herb's idea.
SOAP was also classic.
The Beverly Hillbillies is especially good if you have lived in LA for a while and get the inside lines / digs.
Liked Stargate, the old Startrek series
and of course, All in the Family.

I used to love Soap, if it's the one with the deadpan wife with braids. Nope, just looked it up- the one I liked was Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. It was good too.

Well, we started watching Firefly this past weekend. Awesome!!! Thanks all for the tip!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom