Favorite movies and/or t.v. series

USA network

Check out the new show called Suits. USA network puts out some good shows....Burn Notice, White Collar, In Plain Sight, and now Suits.

I watched on Netflix the movie "Harry Brown" a movie from the UK starring Micheal Caine today. Very interesting, somewhat violent movie of a man ( about 75 years old) who sees his neighborhood run over by teen thugs, drugs, murders and violence. Using his brains and shooting skills remembered from the British marines, his vigilante skills was quit impressive. Micheal Caine was very good in this movie.

What did people think of the premier of Breaking Bad?

I loved it. If 9/11 didn't make box cutter scary enough, this show did.

I also think that Gus gives new meaning to the term a cut-throat competitor. :)

I watched on Netflix the movie "Harry Brown" a movie from the UK starring Micheal Caine today. Very interesting, somewhat violent movie of a man ( about 75 years old) who sees his neighborhood run over by teen thugs, drugs, murders and violence. Using his brains and shooting skills remembered from the British marines, his vigilante skills was quit impressive. Micheal Caine was very good in this movie.
Reminds me of just about every Charles Bronson movie...

We are watching the rerun of Battlestar Gallactica on BBC America. Normally, I don't much like Sci-Fi, but we are enjoying this series. We need to watch Firefly. I bought the entire series from Ebay recently for $8 or so.

I just heard a nifty interview on my NPR podcast with the creator of something called "Friday night lights". Did anyone watch that? It apparently just ended. I was thinking about looking for it at the library if it is any good. Sounded interesting from the interview.

Check out the new show called Suits. USA network puts out some good shows....Burn Notice, White Collar, In Plain Sight, and now Suits.

Have not seen In Plain Sight, but agree with all the others.... Burn Notice can be a bit cheesy at times, but is interesting.... I think White Collar and Suits are as good as any of the network shows...

SOOOO, a +1 from me

Nords said:
Reminds me of just about every Charles Bronson movie...

That's funny you mentioned that as Ebert, who gave the movie a good review, classified it as somewhere between "Death Wish" and "Grand Torino"

I just heard a nifty interview on my NPR podcast with the creator of something called "Friday night lights". Did anyone watch that? It apparently just ended. I was thinking about looking for it at the library if it is any good. Sounded interesting from the interview.

I mentioned it back in post #18, it's a really, really good show. Someone on WGN radio thinks it's the greatest show ever in his mind. They were able to plan a proper end to the series knowing they wouldn't be cancelled for the last 2 years. It was always a critically acclaimed show, always had trouble keeping viewers on NBC (aired on Tue which confused a lot of people, then later moved to Fri), then Directv picked it up. DW didn't like it at first since it revolved around HS football, but fell in love with it as she watched the last 2 seasons. We were able to get the last season from the library before NBC aired all the shows.

I've heard so many people rave about Friday Might Lights.

Back
Top Bottom