* I didn't know Fords traveled at warp speed
* *I've got more than a few stories about a now defunct department store chain .... let's start with this one.
* *Bought a new washer from them, gets delivered, set up, no problem.* Throw in a load of clothes, come back an hour later and it's still agitating. The mechanism that advances the cycles is busted.
* * Call the store, am told I have to call repair.* Call repair, tell them I need warranty work. Their answer: It'll be two weeks.* I argued, but nope, two weeks.
* * *Next day, DH and I go back to the store and tell the department manager we're returning the washer and tell her why. She gets the store manager, and we tell him the story. Both of these people are p****ed, though not at us.* Seems that instead of having regional repair offices that had some flexibility in scheduling,* corporate had decided to consolidate everything in Chicago. I was just one of many unhappy customers they'd been dealing with.
* *Sorry, I told them, but I still need a working washer, so please give me back my $$ so I can go buy one elsewhere.* At this point, the store manager made a couple of calls.* * * The repair guy came out the next day.....* and oddly enough, that's been the only repair the washer's ever needed.
* * * * *