Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
I don't own one but would love to own a Honda Ridgeline
DS has one and absolutely loves it. I must say it is the most comfortable truck I have ever driven in.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #82
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I don't own one but would love to own a Honda Ridgeline
Have an 08 with about 74K on it and just put on the first new tires. More like driving a four door than any truck I have had before. Great vehicle with so many storage places, love the trunk had more folks ask about that than anything else.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #83

A mid 60s Sunbeam Tiger; incredibly fun and scary to drive. Wish I had never sold it.
1974 IH Scout; it would go anywhere in any kind of weather
2007 Lincoln MKX that I drive now
Old 11-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #84
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Very happy with my 2011 Prius.

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #85
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bird View Post
Have an 08 with about 74K on it and just put on the first new tires. More like driving a four door than any truck I have had before. Great vehicle with so many storage places, love the trunk had more folks ask about that than anything else.

that and the dual opening door. I'm thinking of buying a Trailmanor. if i do i will buy a Ridgeline to tow it.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #86
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
that and the dual opening door. I'm thinking of buying a Trailmanor. if i do i will buy a Ridgeline to tow it.
Actually there is a trunk below the bed of the truck. When I swing the talegate out instead of down and pop open the trunk to store purchases you should see the looks I have gotten. It's a nice storage and also where the spare tire is located. You can put quite a bit of stuff in it and not have it seen in the back seat or in the bed. Not a bad thing this time of the year.

T-bird
Class of 2013
DW Class of 2012 (May, a done deal)
Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #87
Moderator Emeritus

1965 Corvette Sting Ray roadster. Glen green, white leather interior, 4 speed, 300 HP 327. A real "girl" magnet and fun machine.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bird View Post
Actually there is a trunk below the bed of the truck. When I swing the talegate out instead of down and pop open the trunk to store purchases you should see the looks I have gotten. It's a nice storage and also where the spare tire is located. You can put quite a bit of stuff in it and not have it seen in the back seat or in the bed. Not a bad thing this time of the year.

T-bird
Class of 2013
DW Class of 2012 (May, a done deal)
The trunk in the bed also locks. Further the split rear seats flip up and you can store quite a lot back there and you also have all wheel drive for bad weather. My son's is a 2006 with almost 100K and it still rides like new.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #89
Recycles dryer sheets

How I missed posting on one of my favorite subjects I'll never know, but I'll remedy that right now!
Tough call, my favorite motorcycle was my first harley i built, a 1967 tin primary 900 ironhead, 20 over springer hardtail magneto only, no battery, no front brake, no chain guard, no signals, barely any lights. I didn't have alot of money so many parts were donated, some were actually found. Damn unsafe to ride, but it was cool as hell!

Favorite car was probably the first one I built, 1969 Firebird. Red and black with a 327 chevy in it. Used to drag race it legally (and the other way too). Was mild enough that the ladies loved the car, but fast enough to race, and built cheaply enough to break on a regular basis. I spent most of my high school career under the hood or under the car itself. Blew the motor a couple times, about 3 transmssions, 2 rear ends, etc. My father got me into this hobby of rebuilding stuff. He later told me that he knew if he got me into cars and bikes, I wouldn't have enough money to get into any real trouble, lol!

I have several projects in the works right now, so maybe I'll love one of those more, but that will have to be seen!
When you walk in the shadow of insanity, the presence of another mind that thinks and acts as yours does is something close to a blessed event. -Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #90
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
Our two favorites are in our garage right now-- a 2005 and a 2008.
Two Priuses? I would never have known...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #91

Never got around to posting my current car...
1996 Cadillac SLS... Love it... bought in 2005 for $5000, with 35,000 miles. Zero to 60 in 6.2 sec... Just passed 70,000 mi. today.

The other car behind it is DW's 1998 Signature Town Car... 110,000 mi.

Probably the last cars we'll ever own. (sigh)
Old 12-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #92

The Muscle Boat

The Muscle Boat is almost ready for paint. Very similar to the original color, with a touch of green added to the deep blue.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #93

Great news, Keim! Don't forget to update with the "after"!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #94

I have never been so enamored of a car as I am of my current 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser, especially on a day like today when I was driving home from the office on snow-covered side streets.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #95

My 2013 Mustang convertible. Very fun car!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0050.JPG (175.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #96
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
My 2013 Mustang convertible. Very fun car!
Nice! We had 5 Mustangs in the last 20 years. My favorite was our 1989 5.0 GT convertible, white on white.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #97
Full time employment: Posting here.

I've had a lot of cars but I've got 3 that I love right now.

1. Chevy Volt...........drive it 40 miles a day.....never need a gas station and it's so quite....not a rattle in it.
2. Cadillac Escalade Hybrid......20 miles to a gallon.....goes everywhere in all weather......4 years old.....all its needed has been oil changes.
3. Buick Lesabre......big back seat for taking along another couple.....rides like a boat and great for trips. Can't believe I've had it for 10 years and it runs like brand new.

3 cars for 2 drivers......not really smart but I can afford it and we always have an extra when any of them go in for maintenance.......never had much luck with imports or Ford......never saw I Chrysler I'd be proud to own. Got to admit that the Koreans are building some good looking cars but I love my current cars so I doubt I'll ever own one.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #98
Recycles dryer sheets

My college job involved working on muscle cars so this is a tough question.

1. Nostolgia - First car, 1955 Chevy
2. Muscle car - 1966 Ford with 390 C.I. engine fed by to 4-barrel Holley carbs (gas was 23 cents a gallon)
3. Fun car - 1972 Mercedes 450SL. Bought and restored it about 10 years ago. Still own it, DW calls it our ice cream car because it's perfect to go for dessert on nice summer nights but should sell it since I don't drive it enough.
4. My favorite for this part of my life is a Roadtrek 190. Perfect for DW and I to discover the hidden corners of our great country.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 800pxIMG_5813 cleaned up.jpg (397.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #99

yakers with his favorite vehicle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1379.jpg (18.1 KB, 182 views)
Old 12-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #100
Recycles dryer sheets

for DW it MUST be her current '08 BMW Z-4 convertible.

for me, probably my first car... believe it or not... a 1972 Honda N-600. WAY Before the Civic came out. It was a 598cc, two cylinder air cooled engine. 10" wheels. (YES - 10"!!!). Great kid car, but in retrospect, probably a death trap. lol