Favorite word you never get to use

Callipygian
You had to bring that up an hour before I go surfing.

You can imagine what I'll be looking at and thinking about as I wander along the beach and paddle out to the break...

Sciolism: Superficial knowledge; a show of learning with no substantial foundation.

When someone with this disorder contradicts you, it's always fun to accept it gracefully with something like "I see. Well, I bow to your obvious sciolism" and then change the subject. On the off chance that someone else in the group gets it, you have just scored major points.

Sciolism: Superficial knowledge; a show of learning with no substantial foundation.

When someone with this disorder contradicts you, it's always fun to accept it gracefully with something like "I see. Well, I bow to your obvious sciolism" and then change the subject. On the off chance that someone else in the group gets it, you have just scored major points.

Plenty of that around. I´ll be sure to use it in my circle against someone.:)

Seems like a lot of us old dudes have our mind in the same area this morning.

And I too am headed over to the beach. Must....resist....staring.

Tatterdemalion is difficult to work into conversation.

Aren't pompous people, the ones who speak of the pompitus of love?

Amethyst

Pompous, as in pompous a$$. I still encounter some, but they no longer matter.

Bromhidrosis, for those of you who wear tennis shoes, or the occasional python boot...

inconceivable!
Enjoy or be puzzled.

img_1069324_0_dc0ba827b2f5c7beca0d18f01dd1d0a9.jpg

I used grok the other day at work - and the other people knew what I meant!

I also use "pussy-cat" when speaking of a small feline. It was what we said in my family.

I was a working adult before I realized that some people are embarrassed by "pussy-cat" (because they cannot hear "pussy" without thinking "vagina"). I think this is similar to the people who use inane phrases like "must have excellent written and verbal communication skills" because they cannot use the word "oral" without thinking "oral sex."

"Invincible" a word I would like to use but hardly ever get to use cause I get crushed before I can spit out the word inv.... Uncle!

Back
Top Bottom