Favorite word you never get to use

hakuna matata

Recycles dryer sheets
I saw this thread posted on another message board I go to and thought it was a fun question. What is your favorite word that you rarely get to use?

For me it is 'ta-da'. Unless you are a magician you never get to use that word, but I have always wanted to have my client at a meeting, and have the design boards all covered up, and then with a flourish, rip off the cover and say 'ta-da!'

I also like the word 'egregious', but rarely find a place I can use it.

So what is your favorite word you rarely get to use?

Abstemiously is one of the two English words with all the vowels in alphabetical order, he said facetiously.

I've always liked the phrase "eschew obfuscation".

my favorite word is ovulate!
if this mare would ovulate, we could quit ordering semen and driving to the airport to pick it up!

hakuna matata said:
For me it is 'ta-da'. Unless you are a magician you never get to use that word...

I use it during sex.

I like the word "bogus". Because so many things people say are........but I never say it.

All I can think of is a favorite phrase: confirmation bias.
Luckily, that is actually not a phrase -- it's a word, specifically a compound noun, made from two nouns. If it were a phrase, since "bias" is a noun, the phrase would have to be a noun phrase, but that would make "confirmation" an adjective. Obviously, though, "confirmation" is a noun. Also, compound nouns typically have more stress on the first word, while noun phrases typically have more stress on the second word (if it is the noun). Here, "confirmation" has more stress than "bias", which is additional evidence that "confirmation bias" is a compound noun, and hence a noun.

Back
Top Bottom