Fay

And, yes, a nice Class A and no job would have had me outta here yesterday heading for some nice woodsy park out of harm's way. That 1000 mile round trip would have probably cost me about $650 or so in fuel - well worth it in this context.
Diesel prices have dropped down near the $4/gal mark so it would cost you closer to $500 than to $650. You really need to adopt (and live by) the motto: "There is no evacuation like a Class A evacuation".

Maybe next year, eh? :)

Just turned to The Weather Channel and Jim Cantori is standing on the beach in Naples. No wind and no rain although Fay is just a stones throw away. The talking heads are at a loss. Hopefully, Fay continues to deteriorate.

Not out of the woods yet. Forecasters are predicting that Fay will go out into the Atlantic, strengthen into a hurricane and make another Florida or Georgia landfall. Crazy 'cane::)

fay only seems crazy, apparently she's right on time...

http://www.hurricanecity.com/city/jacksonville.htm predicted that "statistically...this area should be affected next before the end of the 2009 season."

the path reminds me of a florida trip many years ago to visit my uncle who lived on the st. john in jax. grandpa kept driving around and around so that i would win the bet with my brother on when we'd arrive.

Sweet - a near miss for my beach trip = great waves for me! (sorry florida...)

Fay had negligible impact here in Sarasota. It will be interesting to see whether she does in fact go CAT 1 in the Atlantic and boomerang back into the north Florida or south Georgia coast. :)

Yes, It was a non event for me but I pretended it was a snow day and spent the day in my pj's .

Same here, blissfully boring. Still keeping a slight eye on her, though. Back to w*rk tomorrow, compressing two days into one probably.

Glad everyone's OK.

Now you get to look for the newly upgraded TS Gustav.

Looks like a similar path...hope the ground dries some before he comes past Cuba.

Must be coming up on September and the busy season. sigh

Fay turned out to be even more of a non-event here than anywhere as she is now just a tropical depression. It rained all day yesterday, with a few gusty winds, and today it hasn't really rained at all. I suppose our total rainfall was about an inch.

Gustav already? Guess I'd better go to the NHC site and check him out. :cool:

"Hopefully" the remnants of FAY will arrive in Central Ohio tomorrow. We can really use a good all day rain here. Looks like Gustav will actually miss Florida - which will allow some drying to take place there.

Still raining here off and on. Enough to keep it nice and soggy and me off the golf course. Of course I don't mind. I love being stuck in doors watching the talking heads discuss why the stock market sucks and why they see no reason why it shouldn't stay that way for months on end.
img_703563_0_7bd9eabcb00192ca198d19cb176ee024.jpg
But, it beats work.

So far, 10.6" rain in my gauge since Saturday night -- we needed the rain but not in a 2-3 day period.

Back
Top Bottom