Join Early Retirement Today

Fear the Walking Dead
Old 08-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Fear the Walking Dead

Fans of the Walking Dead series on AMC may look forward to this new spin-off series, Fear the Walking Dead that begins August 23.

Trailer that I viewed indicates that the time period is the same time that Sheriff Rick Grimes was in the hospital (years ago) and occurs in LA. It's said that if you are a fan of WD you will immediately understand more of what's going on than other viewers who do not watch WD.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Fear the Walking Dead - AMC

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd View Post
Fans of the Walking Dead series on AMC may look forward to this new spin-off series, Fear the Walking Dead that begins August 23.

Trailer that I viewed indicates that the time period is the same time that Sheriff Rick Grimes was in the hospital (years ago) and occurs in LA. It's said that if you are a fan of WD you will immediately understand more of what's going on than other viewers who do not watch WD.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Fear the Walking Dead - AMC
trailer looks good... cable networks are producing some great shows..this looks like one of the. thanks for posting

Old 08-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #3

Been eagerly anticipating this ever since they announced it a while back. TWD is so good I wonder if this one will be able to meet expectations, which are obviously very very high. Only real bummer is that this first season of FTWD will only have six episodes... so we'll be left wanting way more if it lives up to its billing.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:56 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The good news in that regard is that it has already been renewed through the 2016-17 season (and the second season will have 15 episodes).
Old 08-09-2015, 10:09 AM   #5

I put that on the calendar to record series...thanks!
Old 08-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #6

Set DVR for this yesterday, the first time my Uverse search function was able to find it.
CoolChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #7

DH and I are TWD fanatics so we've been eagerly waiting for FTWD all summer!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:45 AM   #8

I will be watching, my husband not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 08-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #9
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

FTWD fans who caught the pilot will enjoy this.

Quote:
A lot of TV is about this, about waiting for the bad stuff to start happening. Fear the Walking Dead's pilot just foregrounds that to a degree that's slightly hilarious. But when it comes right down to it, the pilot mostly works because of all those tiny lies it tells you.
Here are 13 of them, as they occurred throughout the hour.
Fear the Walking Dead, season 1, episode 1: This show is lying to you - Vox

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #10

Can anyone explain the difference between Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead?
Old 08-25-2015, 05:06 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

The Walking Dead is a tv show (based on a comic) that has been on for 5 years and it is about a group of survivors living in a world destroyed by a virus that turns the dead into zombies that attack (and eat) the living. Its first season started a few months after the epidemic started near Atlanta. Fear the Walking Dead is a completely new series set in the same universe, but it is set in Los Angeles during the first days of the epidemic.

I have no interest in horror or zombies normally, but the Walking Dead is so well written and acted that I love it. Since Fear the Walking Dead is a new series with a completely new cast, you can start watching it without needing to watch any of the walking dead.

I enjoyed the first episode of Fear the Walking Dead. It's interesting to think what you would do if society collapses.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaney View Post
The Walking Dead is a tv show (based on a comic) that has been on for 5 years and it is about a group of survivors living in a world destroyed by a virus that turns the dead into zombies that attack (and eat) the living. Its first season started a few months after the epidemic started near Atlanta. Fear the Walking Dead is a completely new series set in the same universe, but it is set in Los Angeles during the first days of the epidemic.

I have no interest in horror or zombies normally, but the Walking Dead is so well written and acted that I love it. Since Fear the Walking Dead is a new series with a completely new cast, you can start watching it without needing to watch any of the walking dead.

I enjoyed the first episode of Fear the Walking Dead. It's interesting to think what you would do if society collapses.
Thanks. So, not all that different? Interesting. I didn't watch TWD and probably won't watch this, even though I like zombie genre, as DW doesn't care for this type of programming.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:23 AM   #13

I liked Fear, but thought the pilot of TWD was better. I tape the shows and fast forward through the zombie attacks. I like the stories , writing and actors.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum