Feel the pain !

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Got an epidural, e-filed and wrote the Dept. of Treasury a check for my taxes all this afternoon. The rest of the week is looking better already.

I don't mind paying my fair share but I just hate writing a check to do it.

That must have been one big check to require an epidural to ease the pain! Good bourbon also works. Yes, bad bourbon would work but if you have to cut a big check, you can afford the good stuff.

I will probably be in your shoe's next year, though I doubt I will need an epidural to get through it!

Hope you are feeling better. Epidurals are awesome but scare the stuff out of me.

I mean in 2000 the guy tells me it's ok to feel pressure but not pain. I'd been in severe pain for months, taken 2 oxy that morning, what's pain or pressure?

I feel your pain by a factor of two. I owe quite a lot of money to both the IRS and FTB by April 17th. I'll review of the numbers again and hit the file is button later this week. I don't bother with checks. They grab the money from my account.

I’m getting off easy this year, my second year filing married and am paying nothing on around $70k gross income, we did get hit with a $650 social security tax for some contract work and we also pay around $8k a year in property tax for rentals.

The epidural wasn't too bad and I get them along with facet (cortisone steroid) injections in the lower back every four to six months depending on the old sciatic nerve pain that shoots down the left leg. As far as writing Sam a check, I shouldn't really complain. I had to rebalance one of my after tax accounts and had a pretty decent gain that went into fixed income and knew I would have a balance due. Just first world problems and should feel lucky that I have them as I know others have a helluva lot more serious issues on their plates. But glad today is over nonetheless.

Is sciatic pain a result of a ruptured disc? Mine was and a microdiscetomy was a life saver.

Last edited:
Is sciatic pain a result of a ruptured disc? Mine was and a microdiscetomy was a life savior.

My sciatic nerve pain is the result of a small synovial cyst between L4-L5 vertebrae that impinges on the sciatic nerve. I do have some disc degeneration in the same areas as well. The procedures are a real quality of life enhancer.

I haven't even thought about figuring my taxes. Our state does not tax defined pensions or social security income but they do tax savings account interest income--no big deal.

I better get motivated. It is nice that we no longer have a real estate partnership with a bunch of CPAs. They made everything ultra complicated tax wise. Nice to be ER and have very simple business.

We just sent envelopes to the IRS for her and quarterlies for her and me. I'd overpaid my quarterlies, so that covered my IRS tax due. Sent Oregon taxes for her; again I'd overpaid. Sent California tax due and quarterly for her. Just paying for the stamps hurt!

Then went up and sent off a wire and a bunch of documents to Oregon for a new hard money loan. Doing real well at keeping the bank accounts slim and trim.

Back
Top Bottom