Fidelity extension for mailing 1099's

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I was checking this morning to see if my tax forms were available at Fidelity, as they had scheduled Feb 18 as the mail date. The tax forms aren't ready, all the original dates are still there, but they added this sidenote
Note: Fidelity has received an extension until March 17 from the IRS.
This covers Tax Reporting Statement (Includes 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID, 1099-B, 1099-MISC)

So, I guess it'll be a few more weeks.

I looked last week on Fidelity's site and it said if their extension was approved the forms would go out Feb 28th. Guess they got a longer extension than expected.

Still, I'd much rather have it this way than have to deal with a bunch of corrected forms.

I spoke to them last week and they told me the deadline was extended until February 28. This is the first I'm hearing of a March 17th date.

I've only had one corrected 1099, from Fidelity, which would have reduced my taxes by about $1 if I had filed a corrected return. My mom gets a corrected 1099 just about every year from Morgan Stanley. She knows to wait for it.

And in their continuing campaign to keep us all off balance ...

My Fidelity 1099 just appeared.

I got my 1099's from Fidelity over a week ago. I already filed my return. I hope they don't change.

I looked online today and my 1099 now has my REIT info on it...

I sold it because that was the main reason that I did not get all info on time...

They just sent me an email that my 1099 is ready. I'm away from home and don't access my accounts while on the road, so it'll have to wait to the weekend.

This extension happens with Fidelity every year. I think it has something to do with the determination of what is considered a qualified dividend versus a non-qualified dividend. I just wait until March to prepare my tax returns now.

Got mine last week, hopefully it's OK. I even received my K1 from my one MLP!
MRG

Back
Top Bottom