Join Early Retirement Today

Fidelity Fullview Changes
Old 07-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Did anyone like the changes to the Fidelity Fullview that they made over the weekend. It is very bad. Don't know how to "refresh" my accounts. There is no option to refresh. Also I use to like seeing all my accounts and transactions side-by-side, but that option is gone. Now I have to scroll within each of the windows to see all of them.

This is very bad. I never expected Fidelity to screw up one of their best feature. Is there a way to make them bring back the old interface?
rauther is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

First, I think the changes are an improvement. The changes seem to have been made based on the preferences of clients like me rather than clients like you; that happens. Sometimes I find myself on the opposite side of things, myself.

Second, to refresh, there is an update link on each account. It was stupid to have a Refresh All: It is wasteful to incur the cost of making connection with dozens of external services for the user to review one or two updates. If I managed any of those external services, I would have cut Yodlee off for having such a bone-headed capability in its service.

Third, I have no problem putting my accounts and transactions side-by-side. Click and hold the header of the transaction box, and drag it to the top of the right side. Voila.

I see a lot of promise with the new "Full View Apps" feature. I'm hoping they'll add a real Asset Allocation app soon. I am looking forward to what other application they eventually come up with, since this seems to be designed for extensibility. I'm also hoping that now that this update is completed, they can focus some time on working out the incompatibility issues with Computerserve.

Full View is far from Fidelity's best feature (that would be RIP, and Bill Pay is also superlatively good, as is the research, insights, etc. - Full View was very far down the list as it was.) However, I see this change as a significant improvement to Full View. I'm sorry you don't share that appreciation.
bUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #3

Just checked it out and agree with bUU, looks like an improvement to me as well. Like any change, it will take a little get used to and just when you have it mastered, Full View 3.0 will come along. The way of the world these dazes.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #4

Ok managed to get the Accounts and Transactions side-by-side. Still I am not able to see the option to "Refresh" any of the accounts let alone "Refresh All".

Also the transactions are cluttered not displayed by accounts like they used to be.

I still think the old interface was better :-(.
rauther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Other than a checking acct with a local bank, all my outside other assets are with PFCU. When I go under acct summary, I then put the cursor over one of my accts(cd's) with PFCU and a refresh button pops up enabling me to refresh. And it refreshes all my accts with PFCU at the same time. Now if one has many accts with various institutions, I can see how it might be a PITA. But in my case, not much different than what I was used too.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauther View Post
Ok managed to get the Accounts and Transactions side-by-side. Still I am not able to see the option to "Refresh" any of the accounts let alone "Refresh All".

Also the transactions are cluttered not displayed by accounts like they used to be.

I still think the old interface was better :-(.

Took me awhile to find the refresh feature. You have to go into the Account Summary tab. Next to the Dashboard on my view. Roll your cursor over each position and you will see a refresh symbol (rotating arrows--similar to what shows up in your browser at the edge of the url bar) appear.
Nwsteve
nwsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwsteve View Post
Took me awhile to find the refresh feature. You have to go into the Account Summary tab. Next to the Dashboard on my view. Roll your cursor over each position and you will see a refresh symbol (rotating arrows--similar to what shows up in your browser at the edge of the url bar) appear.
Nwsteve
I don't really like the roll your cursor (actually called hover, I used to code these options) to "refresh" and "go to site" links. I'd prefer the refresh button to be available full time. So far, this new page is cumbersome, but on the plus side, I GAINED $2 Mil over the weekend!!! For some reason, my net worth performance total is $2 mil more than my total net worth under "Assets" or "Asset Allocation" categories.

If you don't like the page and want it changed, you should email or call them to complain about it. I know the old fullview was contracted out to a 3rd party vendor and they wanted to develop this in house.
Dimsumkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsumkid View Post
I know the old fullview was contracted out to a 3rd party vendor and they wanted to develop this in house.
As far as I know, this is not true. Full View was and remains contracted out, to Yodlee. The old and new Terms of Use specify this. The HTML code itself makes reference to assets stores on Yodlee servers and includes clearly-identified Yodlee code. According to Wikipedia, Yodlee has over 30 million users, and over 150 financial institutions and portals (including 5 of the top 10 U.S. banks) offer services powered by Yodlee.
bUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #9

There are a number of aspects of the new interface that I think are inferior. I used the "go to site" function all the time to access account sites, and that's gone. Why? I would much rather have everything displayed in each dashboard box and scroll the whole dashboard page than have to scroll each app window one at a time. Less efficient, awkward, inferior to the way it was. You've got to swipe, swipe, swipe. The Bills Manager app is erratic, doesn't always populate and I have to fiddle with selections and refresh and it still doesn't always work. I embrace change, but only when it's for the better....
funrun9663 is offline   Reply With Quote