Join Early Retirement Today

Fiji Water
Old 07-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Fiji Water

Ever heard of it? Like it or hate it?

I cant stand that it is so expensive, but it IS the best water I have ever tasted, bar none. Im going to search for it by the case...I'm willing to pay a buck per 500ml bottle.... they have them for that price online, but shipping water will kill ya!
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #2

No, but...

globeandmail.com: New Aquafina labels: It's tap water
Old 07-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

My wife buys it alot, really really good water.
Bigritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:27 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

Lots of water sold in stores are tap water.... the one here even say they are from the local water district.... but they 'filter' them....

What gets me is the people who bring their own bottle up to the store and buy water from the water machine outside.... I have seen one guy buy like 20 gallons of the stuff in old plastic milk bottles... Why not just buy your own filter
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post

I cant stand that it is so expensive, but it IS the best water I have ever tasted, bar none. Im going to search for it by the case...I'm willing to pay a buck per 500ml bottle.... they have them for that price online, but shipping water will kill ya!
Steripen portable water purifier

This tool does the same process Coke/Pepsi use for their bottled water (not sure how those compare to the Fiji water). I have a friend who uses it for camping. Kind of pricey for me but a good tool for all you remote campers/hikers.

If I really want good tasting water, I would just use an at-home filter. Tap does just fine too.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:20 AM   #6

Drank tap water all over the World and USA -- If you add 1 oz of Bourbon, Rum, or whatever you like, the water all tastes the same. Also this recipe has the added positive effect that after about the 3d or 4th glass you feel much better - then start lowering the water content and all will be fine.

All kidding aside I saw a commercial that ran this morning on TV that talks about one of those filters you add to your kitchen tap that is marketing a "flavored" filter -- guess the filter makers are trying to fight the bottled water industry. Also Aquafina labels to spell out source - tap water - CNN.com
Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

NYC has the best tasting tap water in the world - in my opinion. I used to live there.

I try not to drink bottled water - due to all the plastic that is generated by it.

Try this experiment - take a bottle of your favorite bottled water - open it- and an empty bottle of that water. Fill the empty with your tap water and then throw them both into the refigerator. Take them both out the next day and try to do a unbiased taste test.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
LOVE IT...Absolutely the best water... yummy!!

HATE IT... the price will kill you!!

I do sometimes treat myself to it but not often.
JustMeUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #9

for those who have not tried it, youve gotta give it a shot. usually 2 bucks willg et u a nice sized bottle at the gas station....no doubt its the best water ive tasted

BEFORE i tasted it, i ridiculed my fiance who swore by it... "Coem on, ur crazy! its W-A-T-E-R!!!! How good can it be??" 2 bucks a bottle....that good
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

There is an interesting article in Fast Company magazine about bottled water. One thing I found interesting is that a high percentage of residents in Fiji don't have a safe drinking water supply. It's amazing that years ago people just drank tap water, now bottled water is a multi-million dollar industry.
Gworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #11

I haven't had (or seen) Fiji water. I usually just drink tap water, unless I'm traveling, then it's bottled water just for the sake of convenience. When I do use bottled water, I usually just refill the bottle with tap water, and then I don't have to buy more bottled water.

And I have to agree with dex, NYC always had the best tap water that I'd had.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote