Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Financial Enginees (VG), Full View (Fido) and others ?
Old 06-15-2018, 05:24 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 477
Financial Enginees (VG), Full View (Fido) and others ?

So used to use Financial Enginees (VG) and VG removed it now.
Full View (Fido) is having major issues linking accounts and practically unusable.

So it makes me think what other people are using to see high level view of their portfolios.

Specifically like in my case I have my portfolio spread with VG, Fido and Schwab, Treasury Direct just to mention few.
__________________

__________________
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubt, while the stupid people are full of confidence.”

(—Charles Bukowski)
wanaberetiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2018, 05:39 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,479
Quicken. I manually record investment transactions and update fund quotes monthly as well as cash and credit cards transactions.
__________________

Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:44 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
Quicken. I manually record investment transactions and update fund quotes monthly as well as cash and credit cards transactions.


I use Quicken too, but online services with ‘live’ links to all accounts were kinda a check against Quicken data ....
__________________
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubt, while the stupid people are full of confidence.”

(—Charles Bukowski)
wanaberetiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:50 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,214
Tell me what you want to actually see. I am not sure what "high level" means. I always hated Financial Engines output because it was basically useless fluff and didn't match some other output.

Also, I don't "link accounts", but enter tickers and shares manually as "outside investments." Fidelity will get the share prices. What I have entered is kept, so I only have to enter it once and update it once in a while. This works for me since I don't change tickers nor number of shares very often. That is, I don't make many transactions.

Here is bogleheads.org thread on some tools shown (including Vanguard, Fidelity (not full view), Personal Capital, Morningstar):

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150267
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:34 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Dash man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Limerick
Posts: 2,162
I use USAA and it is pretty good with links to other accounts. Treasury Direct requires a code to log in, so that doesn’t update automatically. Otherwise they’re pretty good for seeing the big picture.
Dash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 57
Financial engines is still available via Vanguard. They refer to it as "Personal Online Advisor". I couldn't find the link so I searched the site for "Financial engines".
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:50 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash man View Post
I use USAA and it is pretty good with links to other accounts. Treasury Direct requires a code to log in, so that doesn’t update automatically. Otherwise they’re pretty good for seeing the big picture.


Do I need to have an account open to use USAA?
__________________
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubt, while the stupid people are full of confidence.”

(—Charles Bukowski)
wanaberetiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Financial engines is still available via Vanguard. They refer to it as "Personal Online Advisor". I couldn't find the link so I searched the site for "Financial engines".


I called VG and was told Financial engines was removed
Can you see your accounts now?
__________________
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubt, while the stupid people are full of confidence.”

(—Charles Bukowski)
wanaberetiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 57
I just accessed Financial Engines via Vanguard. My accounts were there and the application was fully functional.
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #10
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,501
Financial Engines seems to require a Vanguard adviser as part of their Personal Advisory Services Plan. FE acts as subadviser to Vanguard. No thanks!

"The Vanguard Group has partnered with Financial Engines Advisors LLC (FEA) to provide subadvisory services to Personal Online Advisor. FEA is an independent, federally registered investment advisor that does not sell investments or receive commission for the investments it recommends. Advisory services are provided by Vanguard Advisers, Inc. (VAI), a federally registered investment advisor and an affiliate of The Vanguard Group, Inc. (Vanguard). Vanguard is owned by the Vanguard funds, which are distributed by Vanguard Marketing Corporation, a registered broker-dealer affiliated with VAI and Vanguard. Neither Vanguard, Financial Engines, nor their respective affiliates guarantee future results. Vanguard will not sell your personal information to third parties and will use your information only in accordance with Vanguard's Privacy Policy."
Another Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:48 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Reader View Post
Financial Engines seems to require a Vanguard adviser as part of their Personal Advisory Services Plan. FE acts as subadviser to Vanguard. No thanks!

"The Vanguard Group has partnered with Financial Engines Advisors LLC (FEA) to provide subadvisory services to Personal Online Advisor. FEA is an independent, federally registered investment advisor that does not sell investments or receive commission for the investments it recommends. Advisory services are provided by Vanguard Advisers, Inc. (VAI), a federally registered investment advisor and an affiliate of The Vanguard Group, Inc. (Vanguard). Vanguard is owned by the Vanguard funds, which are distributed by Vanguard Marketing Corporation, a registered broker-dealer affiliated with VAI and Vanguard. Neither Vanguard, Financial Engines, nor their respective affiliates guarantee future results. Vanguard will not sell your personal information to third parties and will use your information only in accordance with Vanguard's Privacy Policy."

Another Reader, I'm not sure I understand your concern.

I am a DIY investor at Vanguard. I do not pay for any advisory services. I use Financial Engines and consider it to be a valuable tool.

My 401k is with Hewitt. Similar to Vanguard, Hewitt offers Financial Engines for their DIY investors and Personal Advisors for those desiring to pay for a professional to manage their investments.
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:06 PM   #12
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,501
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't want to pay for Personal Advisory Service to use Financial Engines. I have a relatively small portfolio at Vanguard and I cannot use Financial Engines without signing up for PAS.
Another Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:08 PM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 57
wanaberetiree,

Potentially another option for you....I see at the bottom of the financial engines website (https://financialengines.com/) there are links to Client Logins for:
Online Advice
Charles Schwab
Fidelity
TD Ameritrade
I am not a client of any of these services so I can't try these out.
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:29 PM   #14
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
wanaberetiree,



Potentially another option for you....I see at the bottom of the financial engines website (https://financialengines.com/) there are links to Client Logins for:
Online Advice

Charles Schwab

Fidelity

TD Ameritrade
I am not a client of any of these services so I can't try these out.


Looks like redirect
__________________
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubt, while the stupid people are full of confidence.”

(—Charles Bukowski)
wanaberetiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:42 AM   #15
Dryer sheet wannabe
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 11
The Personal Capital App is pretty good and has a lot of information available to you once you link everything. And it is free!
boomer239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:15 AM   #16
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
pb4uski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vermont & Sarasota, FL
Posts: 19,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
.... I am a DIY investor at Vanguard. I do not pay for any advisory services. I use Financial Engines and consider it to be a valuable tool. ....
Are you sure?... in response to this thread I logged on and saw the Financial Engines link at the bottom right of the My Accounts page... clicked on it and it opened a new window asking me what accounts I wanted included like it always has, clicked OK at the bottom right of that window and another window opens telling me that I am being redireced to the Financial Engines website... then NOTHING.
__________________
If something cannot endure laughter.... it cannot endure.
Patience is the art of concealing your impatience.
Slow and steady wins the race.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56...60/35/5 AA
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:23 AM   #17
Moderator
braumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 10,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
clicked OK at the bottom right of that window and another window opens telling me that I am being redireced to the Financial Engines website... then NOTHING.
Works for me. Maybe you have an ad blocker that interfered with it?

Opened up a new window at that point and gave me a choice of "Let us do it for you" or "Manage it on your own". Then click OK and off you go.

FWIW, I have just a small account at Vanguard with no special services.
__________________
I thought growing old would take longer.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:53 AM   #18
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
pb4uski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vermont & Sarasota, FL
Posts: 19,027
I dunno... I was ultimately able to get to FE but it is much different than before and a bit flaky.
__________________
If something cannot endure laughter.... it cannot endure.
Patience is the art of concealing your impatience.
Slow and steady wins the race.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56...60/35/5 AA
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #19
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,501
I find no link to anything except Portfolio Watch. On every page I open, there is a suggestion to enroll in PAS. I'm just a plain vanilla Voyager level account at Vanguard, so maybe they think I'm the perfect sales target for that product.

Of course, the reason I'm only Voyager level is their incompetent service, odd rules and ancient website...
Another Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:24 AM   #20
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,566
What problems are you having with Fullview? There is a day lag in some cases with 3rd party accounts, but I find it usable, though not up to the minute accurate.
__________________

COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fido bill pay and the newer Fido CC bingybear FIRE and Money 6 03-02-2017 07:44 AM
fidelity full view and vanguard mathjak107 FIRE and Money 19 01-21-2017 05:02 PM
PORTAL VIEW and NEW POSTS VIEW not in sync? ERD50 Forum Admin 5 03-08-2015 09:28 PM
Others reactions to your Financial Independence Golden sunsets Life after FIRE 108 11-14-2013 04:31 PM
Anyone using Fidelity's "Full View" service? justin FIRE and Money 23 07-15-2013 09:38 AM

» Quick Links

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.