Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
bbbamI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas 'burb
Posts: 9,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
bbbami, I feel your pain. The exact same thing applies to us guys with large...uh...well, you know. You have no idea how difficult it is finding a high rise Speedo.

Please don't bother to PM me for photos.
..........

Ahhhhh now, dagnabit! The last sentence just breaks my heart because I've been looking for something interesting to post in the "What did you do today?" thread.
__________________

__________________
There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus
Bestwifeever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,375
No need to try to PM REWahoo for the highrise speedo photo--I found in online (not sure which swimmer is REW):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kenneth-fish-old-fashioned-swimsuits.jpg (13.8 KB, 168 views)
__________________

__________________
“Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?” J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Bestwifeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
REWahoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 42,134
Hint: I'm the good looking one with the mustache...
__________________
Numbers is hard

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #44
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
clifp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,451
Hum this thread is rapidly moving into the TMI side and I think the moderators are to blame .

Back on topic I have been struggling to come up with a term to describe Debrahlee. Now from a male perspective she is definitely hot although not as hot as she thinks. I'd call her a drama queen or attention whore, but I suspect that woman will have some wonderful catty comments to describe her. What do you say ladies?

Let see she gets huge implants, the surgery is featured on TV. She dresses proactively at work and when she is fired. She files a lawsuit. The lawsuit includes a photoshoot. What a piece of work this girl is.
__________________
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #45
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
bbbamI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas 'burb
Posts: 9,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
No need to try to PM REWahoo for the highrise speedo photo--I found in online (not sure which swimmer is REW):
......ahem.....
__________________
There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #46
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
ls99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
She dresses proactively at work and when she is fired. She files a lawsuit.
Interesting concept

I just highlighted the word. Now if she was dressing retroactively at work, would that be different.
__________________
There must be moderation in everything, including moderation.
ls99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #47
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
clifp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
Interesting concept

I just highlighted the word. Now if she was dressing retroactively at work, would that be different.
LOL silly spell check and my normal bad proofreading. Although proactively isn't the worse word to describe her. She is proactively stirring up trouble with her attitude along with her wardrobe .
__________________
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #48
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
FinanceDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
Back on topic I have been struggling to come up with a term to describe Debrahlee. Now from a male perspective she is definitely hot although not as hot as she thinks.
Most women like her think they are hotter than they really are. On the other end of the spectrum, you get supermodels that talk in magazine articles about how much they hate their bodies. What is a man to do?
__________________
Consult with your own advisor or representative. My thoughts should not be construed as investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results (love that one).......:)


This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #49
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
bbbami, I feel your pain. The exact same thing applies to us guys with large...uh...well, you know. You have no idea how difficult it is finding a high rise Speedo.

Please don't bother to PM me for photos.
Guys with large breasts.... I really feel for them. I'm sure that's what you meant... I didn't know Speedo made support bras for men. What I learn from this group...
__________________
Retired July 2, 2010 at 62. My only regret is that I couldn't do it sooner.
thinker25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #50
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
Hum this thread is rapidly moving into the TMI side and I think the moderators are to blame .

Back on topic I have been struggling to come up with a term to describe Debrahlee. Now from a male perspective she is definitely hot although not as hot as she thinks. I'd call her a drama queen or attention whore, but I suspect that woman will have some wonderful catty comments to describe her. What do you say ladies?

Let see she gets huge implants, the surgery is featured on TV. She dresses proactively at work and when she is fired. She files a lawsuit. The lawsuit includes a photoshoot. What a piece of work this girl is.


No catty comments from me. I think she is absolutely gorgeous! Beauty, brains and sexy...lucky girl! Personally, I think she IS so sexy as she thinks she is...and I'm definitely a straight, hetero woman.

However, I was giving this some thought this weekend (talk about nothing to do...) and decided, if I were her, I'd go to L.A. where she would be appreciated--even in a conservative environment like banking. The east coast--not so much--but on the west coast the thinking is different. She'd be just one of many beautiful, sexy women out there. Well, that's where I'd head if I were her, anyway.

I'd be curious to find out what her personality is like ("pretty is as pretty does"). Now that she's made all this fuss with a lawsuit and gone national, I'll bet there HAVE been lots of catty comments about her from those who've worked with her, tho. I would expect the cats in the office have their claws out for her now...meow! I can just hear the gals clustering in the lunchroom saying, "who does she think she is?"

(Still think she should wear looser clothing like A-line skirts and higher tops. Those butt-hugging skirts and scooped tops are not for someone built like her--unless she wants to invite nasty comments and garner negative attention in the office. She has been on tv saying this has happened time and time again. Does she never learn?)
__________________
Orchidflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #51
Moderator
ziggy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Most women like her think they are hotter than they really are.
I don't know. If that were true, they might not feel like they need to resort to "surgical enhancement", starvation diets and/or provocative dress almost to the point of soft-porn to feel "hot." These are things that I would expect to see more in people who are insecure about their appearance.

A woman who is truly hot and knows it may not feel the need to resort to these extremes in vanity.
__________________
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #52
gone traveling
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
bbbami, I feel your pain. The exact same thing applies to us guys with large...uh...well, you know. You have no idea how difficult it is finding a high rise Speedo.

Please don't bother to PM me for photos.

ReW, just remember, when you wear that Speedo to the beach that the potato goes in the FRONT!
__________________
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #53
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
FinanceDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
No catty comments from me. I think she is absolutely gorgeous! Beauty, brains and sexy...lucky girl! Personally, I think she IS so sexy as she thinks she is...and I'm definitely a straight, hetero woman.
The hottest part of her is her accent........

Quote:
However, I was giving this some thought this weekend (talk about nothing to do...) and decided, if I were her, I'd go to L.A. where she would be appreciated--even in a conservative environment like banking. The east coast--not so much--but on the west coast the thinking is different. She'd be just one of many beautiful, sexy women out there. Well, that's where I'd head if I were her, anyway.
She won't do it, she would only be a 7 or 8 in L.A.

Quote:
(Still think she should wear looser clothing like A-line skirts and higher tops. Those butt-hugging skirts and scooped tops are not for someone built like her--unless she wants to invite nasty comments and garner negative attention in the office. She has been on tv saying this has happened time and time again. Does she never learn?)
She LIKES the attention she gets, good, bad, or indifferent..........
__________________
Consult with your own advisor or representative. My thoughts should not be construed as investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results (love that one).......:)


This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #54
gone traveling
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,864
I think she's a conniving head case. Her run-to-an-attorney "victim" mentality p*sses me off. If she really wanted a career as a banker she would have dressed and acted commensurately for her chosen career path. Instead, she dresses like she works at Hooters, whines about the reaction in the workplace, plays the victim, and can't figure out why she failed? What a crock. I expect she will get her 15 minutes of fame posing for Playboy "Defrocked Banker- a peek into her Cash Drawer"". then fade into the woodwork where she belongs.
__________________
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #55
Moderator Emeritus
Bestwifeever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
I think she's a conniving head case. Her run-to-an-attorney "victim" mentality p*sses me off. If she really wanted a career as a banker she would have dressed and acted commensurately for her chosen career path. Instead, she dresses like she works at Hooters, whines about the reaction in the workplace, plays the victim, and can't figure out why she failed? What a crock. I expect she will get her 15 minutes of fame posing for Playboy "Defrocked Banker- a peek into her Cash Drawer"". then fade into the woodwork where she belongs.
Unless she can land a deal with Richard Heene for a reality show where she's the next passenger in the silver flying saucer (assuming she could keep quiet about the hoax, unlike little Falcon)....
__________________
“Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?” J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Bestwifeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #56
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
FinanceDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
I think she's a conniving head case. Her run-to-an-attorney "victim" mentality p*sses me off. If she really wanted a career as a banker she would have dressed and acted commensurately for her chosen career path. Instead, she dresses like she works at Hooters, whines about the reaction in the workplace, plays the victim, and can't figure out why she failed? What a crock. I expect she will get her 15 minutes of fame posing for Playboy "Defrocked Banker- a peek into her Cash Drawer"". then fade into the woodwork where she belongs.
__________________
Consult with your own advisor or representative. My thoughts should not be construed as investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results (love that one).......:)


This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #57
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
mickeyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Texas~29N/98W
Posts: 5,884
Without doing any needless research, does anyone know what banking position she was working at or applying for? What are her banking credentials? Where did her MBA come from?
__________________
Part-Owner of Texas

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #58
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,323
Gosh, how I hate to agree with you guys about her being an attention whore, but I know if I had the same problem with people saying I was dressing too sexy even a couple times I'd change my clothing. Something IS wrong with her I have to agree in that she must relish the attention. Man...talk about a woman cutting her own throat professionally...geesh...can we say dumba*s?
I read she's in trouble with JPMorgan Chase, who she is working for now, as her current company is not relishing her being in the media all the time.
And she has an 11 year old son. I'll bet her little son's buddies just love coming over to their house for a visit......
__________________
Orchidflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus
Nords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Oahu
Posts: 26,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd View Post
Without doing any needless research, does anyone know what banking position she was working at or applying for? What are her banking credentials? Where did her MBA come from?
Are those really the hiring criteria you're looking for?

Or are you ready to proceed to the discussions about salary & benefits?
__________________
*
*

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #60
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
HFWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawn chair in Texas
Posts: 12,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
ReW, just remember, when you wear that Speedo to the beach that the potato goes in the FRONT!
Dang, beat me to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd View Post
Without doing any needless research, does anyone know what banking position she was working at or applying for? What are her banking credentials? Where did her MBA come from?
Magnificent boobs and assets? Her plastic surgeon mama gave those to her.
__________________

__________________
Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FIREd! REWahoo FIRE and Money 20 05-22-2009 09:52 AM
Fired! Medit8 FIRE and Money 27 05-18-2009 02:24 PM
Have you ever been fired? maddythebeagle Young Dreamers 48 09-26-2007 03:46 PM
Think this one will ever be FIREd? tangomonster Other topics 19 09-06-2007 08:46 AM
FIREd: Where are you? perinova Life after FIRE 60 06-08-2006 09:34 AM

 

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:48 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.