Join Early Retirement Today

First Daughters in the making
Old 02-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

First Daughters in the making

Arian Campo-Flores reports on the whirlwind lives of Chelsea Clinton and Meghan and Sidney McCain, who could be the secret weapons in their parents’ race for the US presidency.
"Nothing, surely, was more shocking for a young Chelsea Clinton than an episode in 1998 that actually says a good deal more about another person potentially bound for the White House than her.
Republican John McCain told a joke in such astonishing bad taste that most of the American media, though they were aware of it, refused even to report it. Ms Dowd found herself writing at the time that Mr McCain “is so revered by the press that his disgusting jape was largely nudged under the rug”. But his words did leak out.
Though this may not be verbatim, he said: “Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno” (Ms Reno, of course, was Mr Clinton’s attorney general).
Chelsea may shortly watch her mother, if nominated, go into battle against Mr McCain and possibly defeat him in a general election. That would be sweet revenge."
Irish Examiner | Irish News | News from Ireland

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

I think that Chelsea is an attractive young woman and I have another observation to share. On this forum and in the news we are constantly exposed to rants about the behavior of “youngsters”. It is often pointed out that their poor performance or behavior is the result of inadequate parenting or at least a reflection of the poor character of the parents. Perhaps I’m simply ignorant of some facts but I don’t recall seeing any news reports about scandalous behavior by Ms. Clinton. That certainly is not the case where the offspring of the current executive’s family is concerned. I anticipate that there will be attempts to correct my perception on this matter and I’ll admit that I’ve not researched the subject but I don’t recall any reports from vicious right wing media character assassins.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Sounds to me like 'left wing conspiracy'....

Unless someone has a video or recording... I don't believe he said it... sounds more like a plant quote... believe me, it would have been out there if on tape.. (is this going to go as a saying since most things now are digital)

And I think the very very little I have heard about Chelsea is good.. she is not running for anything..
Old 02-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
Sounds to me like 'left wing conspiracy'....

Unless someone has a video or recording... I don't believe he said it... sounds more like a plant quote... believe me, it would have been out there if on tape..
Reporting on it from 1998
Salon Newsreal | A joke too bad to print?

I'm guessing it's just making the rounds again because it's election time. I'd think you'd have a hard time getting a video, 1998 hadn't seen the viral video phenomenon.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
Reporting on it from 1998
Salon Newsreal | A joke too bad to print?

I'm guessing it's just making the rounds again because it's election time. I'd think you'd have a hard time getting a video, 1998 hadn't seen the viral video phenomenon.
I missed that it was from 1998...

Still doesn't change my opinion of him... bad joke and all...