Flat out political incompetence from all parties. And Business!

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
"Because oil prices today are at least $10 less expensive per barrel than when gasoline prices previously exceeded $3 per gallon, almost all of the price pressure on gasoline can now be attributed to America's continuing -- and increasing -- inability to supply enough refined gasoline to the marketplace,"

We do not rebuild the railroads we market wasteful SUVs and full sized Pick Up trucks, build subrurban sprawl and what can't make enough darn gasoline!

Geesh

I have recently read that the oil companies are not interesting in updating refineries because they are quite happy with their profits. They have no incentive. They do not see the need as Americans are still buying SUV and not altering their driving habits, etc.

Politically, the government can lead the way (leadership:confused:?) by purchasing a fleet of hybrids (set an example) and removing impediments and offering tax incentives so that factories can start spitting out batteries that allow alternative fuels to function. I am not familiar with how these cars work but whatever it takes to retool, lets do it.

Also, what about the local gas station owners. I am assuming they will have to get new pumps. Let's offer them a tax incentive or something appropriate.

Where are the leaders to show the way:confused: GEEZ

I don't know what I am talking about but I can think of ways to start the ball rolling....

hey,
i was scolded before for not believing that gas prices and price per barrel were inextricably linked. you must have pulled your OP from a conspiracy site...

:p

Having a crooked administration with ties to the oil industry doesn't help gas prices

I don't know why we don't have a lot of refineries but I think it is because of enviormental issues, no one want one near them and they are ugly.

Here is what I think - The USA should have oil wells in any place (except National Parks) so that we do not import oil. If there was an oil well on the National Mall in Washington DC I would be OK with it - If it would motivate us to decrease our use of oil.

dex said:
I don't know why we don't have a lot of refineries but I think it is because of enviormental issues, no one want one near them and they are ugly.

Here is what I think - The USA should have oil wells in any place (except National Parks) so that we do not import oil. If there was an oil well on the National Mall in Washington DC I would be OK with it - If it would motivate us to decrease our use of oil.

Lets drill threw a Reindeers head for all I care. Off the east coast everyplace, but NOOOOOOOO we want to have the rest of the world be polluted!

Back
Top Bottom