Flight Reservations

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm plan on flying in a couple of months to attend a wedding. Is there a best site to go and get best deals on flights or are they pretty much the same? That is, if I compare shopped with all the travel sites, do then pretty much end up all taking me to the same price? Also, is it worth trying to time it to see if prices go down soon or not? thx

Try kayak.com. It will look up numerous airline and other sites and give you all the available deals. farecompare.com is similar, so is fly.com

Go to the nytimes.com site and search for the frugal traveler column. He has dedicated a couple of columns to just this topic.

All the best.

If a low-cost carrier happens to fly between your origin/destination airports, then you may have to go to their own websites and search in addition to an aggregator website like travelocity or expedia (or kayak??). I'm thinking Jetblue, Southwest, Spirit, etc.

I usually use Kayak and then go to the individual sites as their prices are slightly cheaper but lately I've been flying Southwest (no luggage charge & non stop to where I want to go )

I recommend always checking the major airline sites (not just the low cost carriers) themselves that are big in your departure and/or destination cities. Occasionally, you still find deals that the consolidated sites don't have.

I travel a lot. 140,000 miles last year. Kayak is always my first stop, but a lot depends on the nature of the flight . For some reason Expedia sometimes does a much better job on multi-city trips and Lufthansa sometimes has fares that don't get passed through to Kayak. Sometimes the cheapest flight is to book United on the Lufthansa website.

I fly a lot both domestic and internationally and try to stick to AA and their partners since I have status but will occasionally go to other carriers. When I do I check Kayak and Orbitz both as they will often give different options and prices especially traveling internationally, mixing and matching carriers for the best price. Then I always check the airlines website as they do sometimes have even better options and prices.

I fly predominantly with two airlines and am on their email lists. I get to hear about their best offers that way. Last week I booked an executive class fare for less than the price of economy. And that's for my vacation!

I went ahead and booked my flight. I booked through Orbitz (they are part of Discovercard's 5% cashbook partner too). I used Bingtravel. It was funny and nerve wracking, seeing the prices go up then down. When I got the most recent 'buy' tip from Bing, I just went ahead and booked the flight.

Back
Top Bottom