Florida Gulf Coast per Scott Burns

I would imagine that there are many new retirees, who would move to Florida if/when they could get a decent price for their homes up north. Florida's climate has an inherent attraction for some of the aging residents of snow country.

Maybe after a while either the housing market will recuperate, or they will give up and move anyway.

Latin Americans also love Florida and have been buying for the past year or so. Florida real estate has always been and is still viewed as an outlet to safeguard surplus cash. I see it as a bit of a contrarian sign (for Latin American economies), but there is no doubt demand is picking up, especially for waterfront and higher end property.

May be Scott is trying to hold down the influx of those coming to Texas by pimping Florida. As for me, I've seen enough growth in Texas over the past 20 years, so would be happy to see others go to Florida.

As to Florida waterfront, I'd be careful of that unless you have on your double layered tin foil hat given global warming.:D

I like that part of Florida November thru March. The rest of the year, wayyyy to hot for me!

DW and I have stayed in the area Burns describes a couple of times and stayed up in RIT's territory once. It is nice. We have friends who bought a two bedroom house in Bradenton within easy biking to the beach for what seemed like pocket change to us. If you want Florida and don't need to be on the water I suspect you can still pick up some great bargains but, like anything, this too shall pass.

I could see myself moving to the Redneck Riviera one day(AL coast). I think I could be happy there.:)

Attachments

• rebel-flag-bikini-1.jpg
    rebel-flag-bikini-1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 9
just got back from a week in Sarasota (lido beach) and LOVED it. I was told by many that it is a close kept secret as they dont want it to get over-crowded. I saw more runners on my morning run accross the bridge into sarasota than I see at some 5k's here in michigan. :)

I like that part of Florida November thru March. The rest of the year, wayyyy to hot for me!
Of course, another way to look at that is - it is so cold elsewhere that you are willing to overlook Florida's shortcomings between November and March. :D

Me - I think choosing between Florida and Texas is like trying to decide between two shady spots in hell...

I could see myself moving to the Redneck Riviera one day(AL coast). I think I could be happy there.:)

Who knew the Conferderate flag could look so good? :cool::D

Rich in Tampa - My inlaws used to live in Tampa, it was like 85 and humid as H*#%L one Christmas visit. I was in my shorts and no shirt, not a pretty sight!!!

I wonder if the keys are better, with the offshore breeze ? ? Anyone know?

Latin Americans also love Florida and have been buying for the past year or so. Florida real estate has always been and is still viewed as an outlet to safeguard surplus cash. I see it as a bit of a contrarian sign (for Latin American economies), but there is no doubt demand is picking up, especially for waterfront and higher end property.

Nice perspective on the real estate situation in Florida! Sounds like those with waterfront or high end property have a pretty good market these days should they want to sell, a boost for the entire real estate situation down there eventually.

I'd think that at some point Florida condos could see increasing demand too, as investment property and snowbird landing spots.

As for the heat others have mentioned in following posts, I'd say "What heat?" The main thing Florida has going for it is climate and beaches, IMO, and many of those with climate and beaches as their highest priorities choose Florida.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom