Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
I mean if you have a choice between scrapple or mad squirrel brains what would you do?
Mmmmm......SCRAPPLE!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2014, 10:59 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Never had scrapple, nor heard of it, so I had to look it up. Wikipedia says it's a popular rural food in the Atlantic states, and can be found in supermarkets.

Next time I am to the east coast, will be sure to try some. Seems a lot more appetizing than squirrel brains, mad or sane.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2B View Post
I see the ruling as the first step of the radical vegans to outlaw all animal products. Then, we can worry about the angst and pain the carrot feels when yanked out of ground, scrubbed vigorously and chopped into slices.
I see the recent downturn in the market as a total collapse of our financial system
Old 10-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Never had scrapple, nor heard of it, so I had to look it up. Wikipedia says it's a popular rural food in the Atlantic states, and can be found in supermarkets.

Next time I am to the east coast, will be sure to try some. Seems a lot more appetizing than squirrel brains, mad or sane.
Well, you just missed the big festival up the road about 30 miles. Apple Scrapple Festival - Bridgeville, Delaware

I'd probably go with scrapple, myself. I've eaten it and survived. But I'm with Brewer, boil up some beans.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Oh, humans can eat a lot of stuff and survive. The question is whether one would enjoy the "stuff", and that is highly subjective. Scrapple has lots of lard, and should be as popular as bacon, no?
Old 10-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

FIL/MIL loved it. They used it as a side dish with breakfast, like sausage. I always eat anything someone cooked for me so had to try it, not bad. Maybe not as great as fish eggs, but not bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Old 10-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #47
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
FIL/MIL loved it. They used it as a side dish with breakfast, like sausage.
That is how I have always had it in PA.
Used as a fried breakfast meat, along with sausage and bacon!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:00 AM   #48
Give me a forum ...

It seems that a federal court has overturned California's ban on foie gras.

Making Foie Gras Illegal Made Californians Slather It On Everything – Consumerist

Quote:
experts didn’t expect the ban to be overturned, so there weren’t crates of the stuff in refrigerated trucks lined up at the border.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #49
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
It seems that a federal court has overturned California's ban on foie gras.

Making Foie Gras Illegal Made Californians Slather It On Everything – Consumerist
Yup that was a week or so ago actually. Some of the high end places in SF got FG flown in the next day...

I've never had it so I don't know what the attraction is...I guess it tastes good, though I had Caviar once and it was meh so don't know