For Book: All-Out Nuclear Attack on a Country

I think a nuke launch from the heartland with the coordinates set for DC would make a better storyline.

Said tongue in cheek in case big brother is listening!

Last edited:
There has been excessive Telco presence at the nearby telco street distribution box. Can't be that many problems that just cropped up:D:cool:

Because it is purely an exercise in fiction, not speculation on real-life events. That, and no one is taking it seriously and getting their undies in a bunch.

Reasonable people might beg to differ.

Regardless of the genre or plot, I appreciate it when authors make an effort to get the technical details right.

Last edited:
Trombone Al--
I'm intrigued by your story line on this fiction ( it IS fiction, right ?).
One thing I'd like to suggest, to align the story with current events. Instead of these messy nuclear bombs....how about a Cyber Attack on North Korea ? I know the Nukes would make for wonderful Special FX on the big screen version with massive explosions and mushroom clouds and all.

But the news these days is full of stories about hackers taking down major websites and fooling around with leaks and fake news etc. Could make for a good exercise in Creative Writing.

So -- who do you envision playing the President in this tale ?? Chris Walken plays his parts with abandon. John Malkovich has a loose cannon vibe about him. Maybe a good comback movie for Arnold Shwarzeneger.

Last edited:
They must have a few Compaq 360's cobbled together to run their ICBM launches.....just find where the Main Hamster Wheel is located and you can shut the whole thing down !!

How about a hacker diverting command launch codes for a test missile launch with no warhead to a live missile with multiple warheads to an adversarial country who responds with an an all out attack...before we send out self destruct commands.

Everything can be related to current events if one tries hard enough. As Walt already pointed out, T-Al is writing a book, pure fiction, and inviting us to help get the details straight.

It's also not the first time.

So -- who do you envision playing the President in this tale ?? Chris Walken plays his parts with abandon. John Malkovich has a loose cannon vibe about him. Maybe a good comeback movie for Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Circled is my model for what the presidential candidate looks like, but I don't think that LBJ would be interested in the role, even if he were alive.

9I2Db0p.jpg

Anyone know who the real person on the lower left is (the model for Viviana Beckman)? Sophia Loren?

Note that Peggy Barbera is a cross-dresser. Here she is in her houndstooth hotpants:

LYgTPdA.jpg

Al, I think you may be on to something here.....a cross-dressing President with an itchy trigger finger on the Nuclear Button.

I can see the backstory, where she ran on a slogan "Make Hotpants Great Again" and got swept into office by the rust belt voters.

Yup. His books are very entertaining. Well researched, well written, and often feature parts of the country I'm familiar with.
I'll be dropping that 99 cents while I can afford it.

If the guy is only crazy and not stupid, he might think in terms of the fallout that would be carried to his own shores. While it's unlikely there would be any direct measurable effect in lives lost, us baby boomers got a s---load of radiation from the various tests back in the 50s/60s. While no single case of cancer is likely to be ascribed to those tests, the epidemiologists probably have a pretty good idea how many of us will have a shortened FIRE (or none at all) due to that time period. There's some anecdotal evidence that John Wayne and many of the cast and crew of the movie THE CONQUERER received significant radiation by filming downwind of the test site in SE NV. It's certainly one of the trade-offs one would need to consider before going all out in a first strike attack. Of course, YMMV.

Oh and regarding neutron weapons, the radiation (fall out kind - not the immediate neutron flux) would be similar to any other similar sized fission weapon I think. The fall out is essentially what's left over from what was originally fissile material plus anything sufficiently irradiated and activated. My guess is that would be similar to a conventional weapon of equal amount of fissile material. But that's ONLY a guess as I have no background in this so YMMV.

North Korea is within the band of latitude for the prevailing westerlies. Therefore, normal weather patterns would make the fallout move to the east -- over Japan.

And then Alaska, Canada and the United States. I remember a colleague got his Masters studying radioactive Strontium levels in children born in Canada and the US in the 60s and 70s. Original work was done by dentists in St Louis looking at deciduous teeth. Better have your iodine pills handy.

Back
Top Bottom