Join Early Retirement Today

For Book: Disguising Murder as Suicide
Old 06-07-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

For Book: Disguising Murder as Suicide

In an upcoming book, I want the bad guy (BG) to murder someone and make it look like a suicide. Further, there has to be a suicide note confessing to another crime (that BG committed).

My current thinking is that the note is printed out on a computer, and BG tricks the victim into signing it (disguises it as something else?).

I can't imagine you can threaten someone into signing something, but maybe that would work (sign this or I kill your loved ones).

Any other ideas?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2019, 01:58 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Maybe each victim of BG was forced at gunpoint to sign a suicide note on their own computer or else - and then BG killed them anyway ? Then you have each victim using their own computer and printer.

Rich

Richard4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Is BG computer savvy? Steal something with desired signature on it, scan, order rubber stamp with signature and stamp the note? (And now I’m wondering if anyone makes rubber stamps anymore....but hey, it’s a start
"If, then, I were asked for the most important advice I could give, that which I considered to the most useful to the men of our century, I should simply say: in the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you." Leo Tolstoy
blueskyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:48 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

That's so old school. tie the guy up, wear gloves and use his smartphone to text the suicide note to BFF or family member...then kill him... Have to keep him alive to unlock the phone.
ivinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
My current thinking is that the note is printed out on a computer, and BG tricks the victim into signing it (disguises it as something else?).
I can't imagine a computer-printer suicide note, that was hand signed. Mixed-media suicide notes make no sense, IMHO.

The note should either be emailed, printed and unsigned, or hand-written in its entirety.

I suspect I would choose to email the note, and spoof the header so it looks like it actually came from the victim before death.

Or maybe even a deep-fake audio or video recording.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Yes, emailing the suicide note may be best. That seems to happen.

"Sign this here suicide note or I'll kill you" is unlikely to work, but "Sign here or I'll kill you. No, don't look at it!" might work.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinsfan View Post
That's so old school. tie the guy up, wear gloves and use his smartphone to text the suicide note to BFF or family member...then kill him... Have to keep him alive to unlock the phone.
Yes, that looks pretty good. Tying him up will clue in the police but maybe this:

1. Unlock your phone, or I'll kill you.
2. Guy unlocks phone.
3. BG kills him
4. BG texts the suicide note.

I could have the BG use the victim's fingerprint (after death) to unlock the phone, but I did something like that in another book.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
Yes, that looks pretty good. Tying him up will clue in the police but maybe this:

1. Unlock your phone, or I'll kill you.
2. Guy unlocks phone.
3. BG kills him
4. BG texts the suicide note.

I could have the BG use the victim's fingerprint (after death) to unlock the phone, but I did something like that in another book.
Of course you could untie him before you leave...no using thumbprint you need a hand entered password as proof of life. You have to enter the password so he doesn't call 911.
ivinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinsfan View Post
Time for someone to develop a suicide app.
“Every tick-tock is a second of life that passes by, that flees never to repeat itself. And it holds such intensity, such interest that the only problem is knowing how to live. May each person solve it as best they can.”

Frida Kahlo
candrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:44 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by candrew View Post
Time for someone to develop a suicide app.
That gives me an idea:

A MAN penned a 1000-word suicide note before taking his life and timed it to be published hours after.

Kyle Meikle, 30, wrote the heart breaking goodbye to his family, friends and partner on Wednesday and scheduled it to be broadcast to his 1,500 Facebook friends.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:48 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Current idea:
  1. The victim frequently gets pass-out drunk.
  2. BG knows that.
  3. BG Puts victim in car with religious music playing in headphones, pictures of his kids on his lap
  4. BG Feeds exhaust into car
  5. BG Sends suicide note via text or Facebook or something
Old 06-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

No Bg has an affair with a cardiac nurse but wants to break up . Nurse is mad and already has his text information so she makes it look like a massive heart attack but also sends a text about his other crime .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:01 PM   #13
Full time employment: Posting here.

Make your victim a diabetic. Diabetics occasionally die from overdosing on insulin. Have the BG shoot him up with insulin.
And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.- Desiderata by Max Ehrmann
MissMolly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:10 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Ah, nice ideas. Maybe we need to write a collaborative ER novel like the ER Cookbook.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:58 PM   #15

The easiest way these days is make it look like the person was taking a selfie and fell off of a cliff, in front of a train, wherever.

"We can cannot compel others to do our will" Norman Goldman
timo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:27 PM   #16

BG romances or befriends victim and gaslights them into thinking they're better off dead. Assists them in killing themselves the way they (think they) wanted to. See Jchandra Brown case in Utah:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jchandr...for-her-death/
"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:26 AM   #17

BG makes wine oenophile drunk on 2 Buck Chuck wine from Dollar Store, now it looks like WO can't believe he did it so he offs himself. BG uses fingerprint to open phone....

or

BG makes WO get drunk on $2 Buck Chuck from Dollar Store, now WO realizes it tastes as good as his $2,000 bottles of wine and wants to off himself. BG uses finger to open phone.....
Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:24 AM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan
I think the method of death has to be consistent with the victim.
Does he own a gun and does the perp have easy access to it?
If he uses poison, how was it acquired (audit trail)?
If he overdoses, was he prescribed enough medication to do that?
Is he a regular user of a smart phone if a text is used.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Thanks.

Here's my current thinking:

In one or two places in the book, I mention that the victim is a druggie/alcoholic with psychological issues and regularly (most sunsets) sits in his car, drinks heavily (two-buck chuck!), and passes out.

The BG takes advantage of that. She finds him in that state, turns on the car, feeds the exhaust into it, and sends a suicide note on his phone.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #20

Who writes out notes and physically signs them anymore? People use texts or emails or various messaging programs like FB messenger or Hangouts or Whatsapp.

Stop and think...let's say right now you wanted to hand write a note to someone on paper and physically sign it...do you have paper and pen handy?

JustCurious is offline   Reply With Quote