For Book: Kidnap Governor for Hardball Interview

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Maybe we can have fun with this before it gets political.

This for those peeved when politicians avoid answering questions in interviews.

As a subplot in my next book, someone kidnaps the governor of California, ties her to a chair with perhaps some electrodes somewhere, and interviews her, giving her a shock whenever she doesn't answer a question. He'll confront her with her lies.

He videos these interviews and posts them online where they go viral.

Your thoughts? Ideas?

Can I be in charge of the voltage?

It's part of their training to avoid being put into a corner. An interviewer poses a question. All the politician needs to do is acknowledge the question ("That's a good question, but I think the real issue is...") and then makes her own statement.

They know when they're lying, but the ability to disregard truth is a common trait among prominent people. And both sides play that game. Sure, the politician may be a lowlife, but so too is the big-shot TV interviewer. To get to the top, the reporter had to step over people in the same way the politician did. Undermine a few colleagues, backstab a few innocents... collateral damage, but it was necessary.

It's all part of being a sociopath: "Everybody else is a scumbag, so whatever happens to them is morally defensible."

***​

The kidnapper, formerly a well-meaning naif, was betrayed once too often. Maybe he used to be a rabid supporter of the governor during her rise to power. He mistook her crocodile smiles for genuine affection, and developed a huge crush on her. But eventually he got wind of some Dirty Tricks she employed. When he tried to raise objections, he was sidelined and hung out to dry.

Now, heartbroken and with his idealistic dreams crumbling, he rationalizes vigilantism as justice rather than revenge, speaking truth to power, The Sword of the People, etc.

Hey, count me in! I brought my own jumper cables! :)

Why not make it a male governor and a female sadistic reporter ? Kinda of like Kathy Bates in "Misery ".

Back
Top Bottom