For Dawg52 and other doggie lovers...

bbbamI

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Eleven days after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, Debra Tosch arrived at Ground Zero with her partner Abby to search for survivors.

“We turned this one corner and there it was: the collapsed towers. It was overwhelming, like, where do you even start?” Tosch recalls.

Abby, a black Labrador trained to lead rescue teams to trapped victims in disaster areas, was more assured. “She knew it was time to search,” says Tosch, the executive director of the Search Dog Foundation.

Canine hero retires after 9/11 rescues - Yahoo! News

Thanks for posting! And the story is especially pertinent to this forum - Abby the search dog ER'd after a successful career.

I'm glad y'all like it...:greetings10:

Here's a pic of my nephew (he's a cop) and his K 9 partner....:police: ....another hero pup. :)

Attachments

• n1553599058_30196496_1074446.jpg
    n1553599058_30196496_1074446.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Here's a pic of my nephew and his K 9 partner....:police: ....another hero pup. :)

Your nephew is a cutie! And an animal lover. He's quite the catch;) Quick question: do I spy a "foo foo" dog in the background?

Thanks for the story and thinking of me when posting it. Our K9 companions are truly special. As I mentioned when Mom was rehabbing, the patients there really enjoyed seeing my buddy when we visited. And a rescue dog like the one in the story, well......those are truly special.

Can't let a K9 thread slip by without posting a picture of my sidekick.;) A black and white version.

img_1103428_0_5e113f0d30efafbccbbbfd328fc4e441.jpg

Your nephew is a cutie! And an animal lover. He's quite the catch;) Quick question: do I spy a "foo foo" dog in the background?
Thanks...yeah, he's a cutie. He waited a while before he got married and when he did, he married a sweetheart of a girl. :)

Yeah..that "foo foo" dog belongs to my niece (his sister).

Lord have mercy, when we get together with him, my niece, SIL and BIL...it's a circus. Add all the dogs together and there are ten dogs! Count 'em.....ten dogs!
smiley-scared002.gif

Here's a pic of my nephew (he's a cop) and his K 9 partner....:police: ....another hero pup. :)
Those K-9 union contracts are really getting out of hand. Per your picture, they apparently have a provision requiring the handler to carry them..:facepalm:

Those K-9 union contracts are really getting out of hand. Per your picture, they apparently have a provision requiring the handler to carry them..:facepalm:
Ain't that the truth...there's just no justice! :LOL:

I love to cuddle up with that dog...he's such a sweetie. Then I have to remember my nephew could give him a command and the dog would bite my face off. :eek:

But my nephew knows better than to do that...I'll share his baby pics with the other guys on the force. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom