For men only: "May-December" marriages

Sam

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Take yourself back a few decades, to your 20's. Would you marry a rich and/or powerful lady 20 or more years older than you?

BTW, this thread is really for men only.

My answer: No, I would not marry a rich lady 20 years older than me. But I would marry a super rich lady 50 years older!

Last edited:
Take yourself back a few decades, to your 20's. Would you marry a rich and/or powerful lady 20 or more years older than you?

BTW, this thread is really for men only.

My answer: No, I would not marry a rich lady 20 years older than me. But I would marry a super rich lady 50 years older!

I almost did.........:D

But, I ended up getting married to someone 4 years younger........;)

If the relationship worked, I guess it wouldn't bother me. Only problem would be having kids.

I am not a big fan of May-December marriages no matter if it's the man or woman who is older. I know there are exceptions, but I just can't imagine what the two people have in common. Music, movies, childhood frame of reference. Then comes the time when the younger is still able to do anything he/she wants physically, and the older can't. In this scenario, you could have a late 40's guy who wants to go on a scuba diving vacation married to a 70 year old woman who wouldn't dare.

Now when I was 21 there were a couple women in their 40's who made it clear they were happy to play Mrs. Robinson, and I was certainly intrigued, but were talking long term here, right?

Now when I was 21 there were a couple women in their 40's who made it clear they were happy to play Mrs. Robinson, and I was certainly intrigued, but were talking long term here, right?

Yea, that is what I was thinking. Their 40 to my 20 no problem if this isn't about having a family, only very remotly possible if that is the proposition.

In general it would seem like a shared frame of reference is a good idea. But some people seem to make their own.

What I see as the other subtext to this discussion relates to women outliving men by, I think,7 years. Tack this on to the guy being X number years older and it gets worse. So if a goal is to share a life and age together perhaps there should be some encouragement to get these ages aligned.
Conflict of interest discalimer: DW is 2 1/2 years older than moi.

Aw, come on, Sam! It's no fun at all if we can't weigh in with our opinions on the matter!

>:D>:D>:D>:D

Yeah right. Like I can really keep you ladies from "contributing" your opinions ;-)

I'm chiming in anyway. Mom used to tell me about a cousin of hers who married the old widow lady in town. Husband number one left her well fixed and cuz thought he would collect a big payday. He was in his thirties and she was in her early sixties. She just celebrated her 101 birthday. Guess them young bucks keep ya going.

"Take yourself back a few decades, to your 20's. Would you marry a rich and/or powerful lady 20 or more years older than you?"

Tough to say. I was kinda young for my age, in my twenties, and I really didn't have much appreciation for the benefits of being rich or powerful. Maybe I'm just lucky I never faced the temptation.

At this point, I think it's kind of hard to appreciate life if you never learned that it isn't just handed to too many people.

Had I not found my soulmate so early in life I definitely would've tried to get a sugar mama. I would have no problem being a boy toy for some rich old lady.

Hmmm...I don't think they're called sugar mamas...they are known as cougars. :cool:

Go the opposite.

What do you think of the religious nutjobs in Canada and the U.S. that have multiple wives.

The "Seniors" take all the pubescent teens in the name of god and the young males who might be competition are shunned and kicked out of the cult.

you could have a late 40's guy who wants to go on a scuba diving vacation married to a 70 year old woman who wouldn't dare

apparently you never met my mother who went parasailing for the first time in her life with my brother when she was about 60 and they had a blast. if i make it to 70 i just might try bungee jumping then.

i was always into older guys. well, that is until i became one (and they got even, yikes, older). in my late teens and early 20s i dated guys in their late 30s and early 40s. as a kid i dated a very wealthy brand-named guy who was about 15 years older than me. i called it off when he started shopping for a pantera for us to play in. you can tease me but as soon as you try to influence me i'm gone.

i find younger guys attracted to me fairly frequently now. i am 50 but enough guys in their late 20s & early 30s still hit on me at the bars. i would rather find someone my age who is still in great shape but most of them are after the kids who are after me and i'm getting too old for three-ways (how's that for too much information?).

my main hesitancy with hooking up with a younger guy is should a significant relationship develop, where will it bring us 20 years from now. i still look pretty good. i figure maybe 10 more years before the looks completely fade and i become invisible to the gay world. and while i used to be into older guys, i don't see myself going after 70 year olds today. so if the guy is 30 now and i'm 50, what happens when i am 70 myself?

i don't have any issues with their music as i love a lot of the new stuff. i have the enthusiasm of a kid and often similar maturity. on the other hand, i certainly don't have the energy, sexual or social, that i had 20 years ago. even still, my only real issue against may-dec is that i think i would rather find someone who will be deteriorating at a similar rate to me.

Let me start off my saying that I have always looked at least 15 years younger then I am and in my 50's I had more than one girlfriend between the ages 21 and 35. Three years ago when I was 65 I had a thing going with a 35 year old woman that wanted to marry me and I said no. My reasons were simple, at that time we were compatible in every way but in 15 years when I was 80 and she was still a young 50 what kind of a life would she have. Would she be happy to watch me i my rocking chair chewing my gums our would she realize that she needed someone closer to her age to be happy with. Oh yeah she had an 18 months old daughter and there was no way I was going through that crap (pun intended) again. Even now there is a 51 years old woman that I met on line who wants to hook up with me but she lives too far away for me to travel to.

Oh yeah, my wife is 9 years younger than me but it seems that the older we get the younger I get.

Hey Lazy do you live near NYC? Sounds like we would be a good match.

Last edited:
Yeah right. Like I can really keep you ladies from "contributing" your opinions ;-)
I'll take that as "permission."

I never really was attracted to guys much older or younger. I just felt too "weird" to me. I mean until about age 30 any guy younger than I was seemed really immature. I wouldn't want to be with someone much older becuase of the reasons already stated - differing energy levels. My current SO is 5.5 yrs. older, but looks much younger. When I met him, I was hesitant to become too interested because I thought he was younger than I.

Anyway, it sort of icks me out when I see really young women with old guys because I think they are just after the money, but hey, the old guy might be perfectly happy with that arrangment, so I guess I should butt out.

[ Even now there is a 51 years old woman that I met on line who wants to hook up with me but she lives too far away for me to travel to.

Oh yeah, my wife is 9 years younger than me but it seems that the older we get the younger I get.

]

Does your wife know about your internet fling ? You may be dividing those hard earned retirement assests !

Moemg;549998 Does your wife know about your internet fling ? You may be dividing those hard earned retirement assests ![/quote said:
I was thinking the same. This is a retired married guy advertising his conquests on the internet?

Get ready to go back to work!

HA

Oh yeah, isn't your wife the one with the pension and health bennies?

Playing with fire my friend.

I am retired with well under the $500,000 minimum that you list. My wife retires in 2 1/2 years. We will have her pension and medical benefits, my small pension and our SS to live on.

Don't worry half of 500,000 still leaves you wiith $250,00 minus lawyer expenses that brings it down to $210,000 minus about $7,000 for medical ( you are healthy right ?).Well good luck that internet fling just cost you $17,000 a year .

Back
Top Bottom