Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bretired View Post
Bright eyed...I bet all males on this board are rushing to DW undie drawer to check out sizes and going shopping. Wouldn't that be nice. They can report to us on how it all turned out.

I can see them all rushing into Victoria's Secret happy as clams !!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #42
Give me a forum ...

I checked out bras on ebay .I'm not really interested in leather or with tassels but thanks anyway !Though I imagine a leather bra is really a LBYM clothing .It would probably last a really long time .

Old 09-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

LOL!!! Now, you've started the rush to E-bay!!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I can see them all rushing into Victoria's Secret happy as clams !!
i'm sure the wives will be floored - either by horror (you want me to wear that!) or delight...

either way, they will be shocked! i'd seriously faint or something...
Old 09-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

You can find any brand you are looking for, brand new, on eBay.... I didn't see a leather bra or tassel in the bunch.

Olga, Playtex, Va Bien, Vanity Fair, Goddess (all the way up to a size 54F--yikes!), Lily of France, Maidenform, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Barely There, Bali, etc.

Victoria's Secret abounds starting at low prices.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

I went into ebay clothing and searched for bras and the leather and the tassels plus a few for belly dancing came up .I'll have to look again .
Old 09-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #47
Recycles dryer sheets

Search for brand name, i.e. Olga bra.

Hmmm . . . wonder if I can come up with a little party where I would need leather and tassels. At least I'll know where to buy it when I need it.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #48

So my only contribution is why can't you trust your DH to ever remove the bras from the washer and hang them up, so that the dryer doesn't destroy them? I swear, everytime I find a great fitting bra, he manages to "help me" with the laundry #@#$%%^!
I swear by Target for these things--Victoria's regular undervarmints just don't hold up to my lifestyle! But I have picked up some special occasion items there...

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:37 AM   #49
Recycles dryer sheets

Clothing is one of the areas where I don't do so well at LYBM, I'm afraid. For many years I hardly bought any clothes but then I was successful at losing a lot of weight and I had to replace everything in my wardrobe. I even had to replace all of my underwear! That was really really expensive. I thought it would be a temporary thing but I still spend way too much on clothes every year. My only justification is that if being able to buy clothing that fits well helps me stay motivated to keep the weight off for good, then the health benefits are worth it (right?)

My sister-in-law buys her clothes from thrift stores and Goodwill and she looks great. I envy her abilities in this!

The things that I do that help keep costs down are: buy on sale (esp. from the 60% off of lowest-marked price rack, yeah!), treat them well (line dry the delicates & cycling clothes), stay out of Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus and the like.

--Linney
Old 09-02-2007, 01:50 AM   #50
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
I remember the front opening bra. I could open it with one one hand. It was a great invention that never caught on for some reason.
One of the front-closing bras that I had in the 70's had a flower as the closure hook. Rather than the usual twist motion to unhook it, you had to press the very center of the flower to get this one to release. It was interesting to time how many minutes it would take a new boyfriend to figure that one out. I didn't encounter any guys who weren't up for the challenge . . .

Front-closure bras are still around but less popular than they once were. These days I have a nice Calvin Klein front-closing bra and I wish I could find more bras like it. I think that part of the problem is that a front-closure bra works best for a smaller cup size (A, B or C) and today's women are much more likely to be a D, DD, F or even larger.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:39 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Linney, your posts compel me to go to confession. I'm still waiting for an enlarged avatar pic, but I won't hold my breath!
Old 09-02-2007, 03:30 AM   #52
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewill View Post
Linney, your posts compel me to go to confession. I'm still waiting for an enlarged avatar pic, but I won't hold my breath!
Ah Lawrence, you're such a sweetie that I've decided to give in and post an enlarged avatar pic.

(and apologies to Moemg for going so far off topic!)

My husband helped out with this. He's heard so much about how the early-retirement.org crowd loves pancakes that he put THREE of them in the picture. I don't think he got the message that they are supposed to be on my head, however . . .

--Linney

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pancake Gal.jpg (25.8 KB, 140 views)
Old 09-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #53
Give me a forum ...

If the pancake picture doesn't bring CFB back nothing will !!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #54
Recycles dryer sheets

As cheap as I am, I do tend to ask the wife to buy her stuff at Vickies. It last 10 times longer, (not to mention looks great), and she never has to worry about the wire from the bra poking her breast.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Now THAT's funny!

Best application of pancakes yet. I'm sure your husband is perfectly happy with their placement!
Old 09-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #56

What I do, and have always done, is to buy clothing on sale at the end of the season. But now it's even easier and better because "end of season" is really "middle of season"! So, stores like J.Jill have fabulous 50% off sales. Since I don't need a work wardrobe I just buy a few new pieces to keep up to date and so that I don't look like I stepped out of the "way-back" machine!

Also, for cheap clothing, Target is the place--thank God for China and the trade deficit!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #57

You know, the one thing I really miss since I retired...nice clothes. I never did have those really expensive clothes but just nice "work clothes". I don't go anywhere any more so that I can wear nice things like that any more. Isn't that a weird thing to miss about working?
Old 09-02-2007, 06:40 PM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe View Post
What I do, and have always done, is to buy clothing on sale at the end of the season. But now it's even easier and better because "end of season" is really "middle of season"! So, stores like J.Jill have fabulous 50% off sales.
I love JJill .It is my absolutely favorite store .The clothes I get from there I wear until they literally fall apart plus they have great sales.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #59
Give me a forum ...

I think I'm getting an urge for a "Manzier"
Old 09-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #60
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
I think I'm getting an urge for a "Manzier"
Resist the urge ! They will probably sell for $29.99 .