Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe View Post
What I do, and have always done, is to buy clothing on sale at the end of the season. But now it's even easier and better because "end of season" is really "middle of season"! So, stores like J.Jill have fabulous 50% off sales. Since I don't need a work wardrobe I just buy a few new pieces to keep up to date and so that I don't look like I stepped out of the "way-back" machine!

Also, for cheap clothing, Target is the place--thank God for China and the trade deficit!
Yes! if you time things right, you can pick up GREAT deals at the right time...just off season, so don't buy anything trendy - something that will look good for a few years and you scored! i love going into the high price stores with the things i LOVE but don't often buy cuz their retail price is way too high, but 75% off puts them in my budget

but i guess bra's don't have seasons...just cycles for the lastest model vs. old...my target clothes have not held up that well, but i do get a basic t, tank or capri there once in a while...but i find after you wash it can shrink, warp, wear out pretty fast! the Gap has crazy sale prices and you can get shirts/pants for $2-10 very often...you can also find out what day the "mark down" so if you come in the next day, the sales racks are full (my friend used to work there and the employees always snagged the great $2 items...
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #62
Gone but not forgotten

I love the Gap outlet for their basic stretch tees usually about $6.00 and last forever .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #63
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Thanks for all the tips, gals!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg femina07791.jpg (11.3 KB, 136 views)

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #64

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #65

aaaaw hfwr, glad you felt comfortable enough to share the real you!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #66
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Jennifer? Is that you?

Gosh, you've put on a pound or two, haven't you...
Old 09-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #67
Give me a forum ...

nm

Old 09-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright eyed View Post

...so sad! i bet every wife knows their hubby's size from head to toe

how're you supposed to buy her something purty if you don't know what size she wears?

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #69

I am speechless at some of these posts!!!

I second the Target undergarments! My VS goodies have been a huge dissappointment. All that $$$ and my Target bras were constructed better, not stretched out and still comfy with underwires where they are supposed to be! VS & Fredericks for the sexy stuff though! (and they DO have sales if you get on the mailing lists and cruise the online cupon codes )
Old 09-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #70

If you like Target undies, try Old Navy's...they're softer...
Old 09-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #71
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
If you like Target undies, try Old Navy's...they're softer...
Oh yes, sing it to me mama!

Ha
Old 09-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #72

OK - bras do need to fit well - have two types, those for working out and those for other times - don't like to wear on weekends or off days - too uncomfortable when compared to just a little tank top. Do have some excellent French underwear that is art - walked around Galleries Lafayette last year in Strasbourg - whole second floor was devoted to women's underwear - the bras are beautiful.....and they fit well :-) They also cost a lot, although with sales, they can be had for good prices.

Underwear - all-cotton comfortable is most important - can't stand uncomfortable underwear and never got into the 'butt floss' - thongs - that are popular - reminds me too much of the wedgies we used to give each other as kids - YUCK!!!! Hanes or Jockey on sale is great.

Love some very daintly all cotton tank tope or camisoles I got in Italy and Switzerland - some of the most comfortable undies I've ever worn - with a little bit of lace for that feminine touch :-)

I think that's enough info.....
Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Plus why do women have to pay more than guys for the same items .Bathing suits ! Guy bathing suits are $19.99 and women bathing suits are a days pay ! What's fair about that !

Ah because girls spend two weeks selecting their bathing suits and guys spend about 2 minutes, except for metro guys who spend 2 hours. So after a woman has spent two weeks looking for the perfect suit the fact that it cost $120 is less important than not having too spend another two weeks looking.

On the other hand if guys see a suit we like for $30 and we another one we like for $20, we can spend the extra $10 on beer to make sure we look even better in the $20 suit
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:45 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
Ah because girls spend two weeks selecting their bathing suits and guys spend about 2 minutes, except for metro guys who spend 2 hours. So after a woman has spent two weeks looking for the perfect suit the fact that it cost $120 is less important than not having too spend another two weeks looking.

On the other hand if guys see a suit we like for $30 and we another one we like for $20, we can spend the extra $10 on beer to make sure we look even better in the $20 suit
well, men's suits are typically two rectangles sewn together...mine has industrial spandex and nylon, and pretty sparkles sewn on the front...that adds a few extra bucks of labor
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #75
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Boys- take note, when i was working in lingerie there were hubbies who came in, married for over 20, 30, 40 years and had no idea what size their wives wore...so sad! i bet every wife knows their hubby's size from head to toe

how're you supposed to buy her something purty if you don't know what size she wears?
Unfair! to the "Boys": her closet contains four or more different sizes, why? does it depend on the label. Couldn't be that she gained weight? I would never think that.
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
Unfair! to the "Boys": her closet contains four or more different sizes, why? does it depend on the label. Couldn't be that she gained weight? I would never think that.
well, if all else fails...just pick "medium"

the bra's shouldn't differ much though, unless she's recently had a baby or gained/lost weight...
Old 09-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #77
Give me a forum ...

Dunno about undergear, but according to the gal the Ritzier the brand name in clothing, the smaller the tagged size required - so the high-dollah heifer in super spendy togs is wearing a size six that is the same size as the size ten her Walmart wearing sistah is wearing. Far as buying below the waist gear, I find the laundry hamper gives good current size clue - chest armour has way too many variables and engineering considerations for me to even attempt it.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
Dunno about undergear, but according to the gal the Ritzier the brand name in clothing, the smaller the tagged size required - so the high-dollah heifer in super spendy togs is wearing a size six that is the same size as the size ten her Walmart wearing sistah is wearing.
ya got it backwards... a Gucci 6 is probably a 2 or 0 at walmart...
Old 09-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #79
Full time employment: Posting here.

Ladies ( and Gents who roll like that) Check out the Just My Size web site. All Bali Bras $14.99. Stock up and save.

La tavola e il letto non hanno restrizioni.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattusbabe View Post
Ladies ( and Gents who roll like that) Check out the Just My Size web site. All Bali Bras $14.99. Stock up and save.
That's where I've ordered my favorite bra for the last few years. But of course, now my favorite style is discontinued and JustMySize is already out of stock in my size. But I found it at another online store for a few dollars more. I hate when your favorite style gets discontinued! I ordered enough to last me for 2 years, so I don't have to go trying on new bras in stores for a while.
Sue J is offline   Reply With Quote