For women only How to LBYM and stay clothed

Unfair! to the "Boys": her closet contains four or more different sizes, why? does it depend on the label. Couldn't be that she gained weight? I would never think that.

well, if all else fails...just pick "medium" :D

the bra's shouldn't differ much though, unless she's recently had a baby or gained/lost weight...

Dunno about undergear, but according to the gal the Ritzier the brand name in clothing, the smaller the tagged size required - so the high-dollah heifer in super spendy togs is wearing a size six that is the same size as the size ten her Walmart wearing sistah is wearing. Far as buying below the waist gear, I find the laundry hamper gives good current size clue - chest armour has way too many variables and engineering considerations for me to even attempt it.

Dunno about undergear, but according to the gal the Ritzier the brand name in clothing, the smaller the tagged size required - so the high-dollah heifer in super spendy togs is wearing a size six that is the same size as the size ten her Walmart wearing sistah is wearing.

ya got it backwards... a Gucci 6 is probably a 2 or 0 at walmart...:-X

Ladies ( and Gents who roll like that) Check out the Just My Size web site. All Bali Bras $14.99. Stock up and save.

Ladies ( and Gents who roll like that) Check out the Just My Size web site. All Bali Bras $14.99. Stock up and save.

That's where I've ordered my favorite bra for the last few years. But of course, now my favorite style is discontinued and JustMySize is already out of stock in my size. But I found it at another online store for a few dollars more. I hate when your favorite style gets discontinued! I ordered enough to last me for 2 years, so I don't have to go trying on new bras in stores for a while.

Dunno about undergear, but according to the gal the Ritzier the brand name in clothing, the smaller the tagged size required - so the high-dollah heifer in super spendy togs is wearing a size six that is the same size as the size ten her Walmart wearing sistah is wearing ...

Yup, the gal is absolutely correct! And, the manufacturers keep re-sizing women's clothing -- it's called Vanity Sizing. Marilyn Monroe wore a size 12. Today, she would be a size 4 or 6...even with the same measurements! (And don't get me started on the size 0 -- that's as in ZERO -- or the double 00! What the heck??!) The funniest thing is, many of the high end clothing is sewn in the same factories as the low end brands -- sometimes only the label is the difference between the $$$$ and the $ versions!

I could buy clothes in my ex-husband's size ANYWHERE and they would be a perfect, perfect fit on him. He never tried on clothes anywhere because he didn't have to. Seriously, I don't think he was ever in a dressing room in his life and he always looked as though his clothing was personally tailored for him despite the fact that I bought his clothing off the rack.

Wouldn't it be a great world if clothing manufacturers made sizes for women as standard as sizes for men? Maybe someday.

I could buy clothes in my ex-husband's size ANYWHERE and they would be a perfect, perfect fit on him. He never tried on clothes anywhere because he didn't have to. Seriously, I don't think he was ever in a dressing room in his life and he always looked as though his clothing was personally tailored for him despite the fact that I bought his clothing off the rack.

Wouldn't it be a great world if clothing manufacturers made sizes for women as standard as sizes for men? Maybe someday.

I am one of those annoying people who can wear stuff off the rack with no altering........:D

Let the Buyer Beware?

Oops---sorry---meant to start a new thread. But now that I'm here, let me just add that I see absolutely no reason why men get at least basic tailoring for free, such as hems, and women don't!

Oops---sorry---meant to start a new thread. But now that I'm here, let me just add that I see absolutely no reason why men get at least basic tailoring for free, such as hems, and women don't!

Lands end hems women's pants for free .

We can dream, can't we?

My closet has every size label, from XSmall to XLarge. The numbered sizes are a bit better but still cover a broad range.

Grrrr !!!

--Linney

:bat:Vanity sizing stinks! Like Linney, I have clothes from 4-12 and S-L!!! This is insane! There just seems to be a broader range of the "shape" of women. And - I think we all suffer from our favorite stuff being discontinued (undergarments and skincare/makeup products, etc!)

Back to bras for a minute...I second the vote for Kohl's...they had a sale last week even. I'm trying to try bras without underwire; the last one snapped in two for no reason! :confused: Most uncomfortable when you have to wear it all gnarly like that half the day! (There should be a smiley that reflects when you're wearing a bra that's jacked.)

i was a bit annoyed w/ kohls because they seem to really inflate to rebate...obnoxiously so.

something you know costs $5.99 at one store will easily say "$8.99" and then they will say it is 30% or whatever off...i don't like that! they do carry some brands that are nicer, like in their housewares, but i'm not a fan...

Back
Top Bottom