For you car guys (& gals)...

Cool cars. Did both of them have adjustable suspension height?

Outtahere said:
So are we in agreement that a good muscle car HAS to be a stick shift? Preferably a Hurst?

Well, I joined in the fun-poking that Nords started, but the reality is that while an old-school purist would poo-poo an auto tranny there ain't nothing wrong with them. I worked in an uncle's transmission repair shop in the 70's when the automatic met performance. We started playing around with different valve-bodies, high-stall torque converters, etc. It was fun to mess with, but at the time we decided while it had a lot of potential in drag racing it would be limited in other racing situations. Of course we were proven wrong by the clutchless manuals (which is what the Dodge Auto Stick seems to be) used in Formula One.

A lot of manufacturer's have played around with different hybrids that combine features of the manual and the auto tranny. I think Dodge even had a Tip Tronic type in the 60's or 70's - but it didn't last long on the market.

I'm looking for then next set of collectable cars. But these days kid got so much money they would actually buy the car rather than lusting after it. :( My guess is 90s RX-7, late 90s Supra, WRX STI, & NSX (maybe) would all become tomarrows collectable cars.

At 52 years old I've only owned 2 automatics in my life, the first was my first car the last is the one I'm driving now. Dh talked me into it because of the traffic I have to deal with, said it would be more relaxing.... bull!!! I feel more tense having to deal with when the dang thing will shift, the jerky movement in traffic, no power when I step on the gas and that stupid over drive that kicks in when I step on the gas. Give me a manual shift any day!

Sorry, rant over.

Back
Top Bottom