Join Early Retirement Today

For you football fans out there...
Old 12-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

For you football fans out there...

...here is a trick play the winning team ran in last night's Texas HS football championship game.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Hilarious!

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

love it.

on a similar but different note...go browns! hahaha
Old 12-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Which reminds me of this Play a couple weeks ago:

RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post

now that is sweet
Old 12-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post

The sad thing here is that I'll bet the defensive players figured they'd get flagged for unnecessary roughness if they slammed the QB as he crossed the line of scrimmage, even with a totally clean hit, given all the rules protecting the QB these days.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

There's a lot of room for creativity within the rules of football. Yet people all play a particular, conservative way, and everyone seems to think that that's the one way you play football and so never play around within the boundaries.

Almost no one designs plays based on the ability to make legal backward laterals other than the QB option some college's employ. Or doing anything OTHER than lining up a center with two lineman directly on either side of him.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glippy View Post
There's a lot of room for creativity within the rules of football. Yet people all play a particular, conservative way, and everyone seems to think that that's the one way you play football and so never play around within the boundaries.

Almost no one designs plays based on the ability to make legal backward laterals other than the QB option some college's employ. Or doing anything OTHER than lining up a center with two lineman directly on either side of him.

I wish someone would do the run and shoot again... very potent offense that is almost impossible to stop...

As for the other plays with laterals.... the more you toss the ball around, the more chance of a fumble... so you have to design the play in such a way that the rewards are worth the risks... one that is used, but not that often is the hook and ladder....
Old 12-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
I wish someone would do the run and shoot again... very potent offense that is almost impossible to stop...
Maybe Mack Brown will hire Mike Leach as his new offensive coordinator...

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #10

I'm partial to this game which had a few trick plays at the end:

If you have a few minutes, you could also watch:

The proposal at the end is from Ian Johnson to his girlfriend and BSU cheerleader. I have heard that they actually met before realizing that he was on the team and she was on the squad. She said yes and they got married in Boise later that year.

Another interesting thing about that game is that Lyle Smith, the first football coach at BSU back in the 1940's actually attended the game and saw the win. The famous blue turf is on Lyle Smith field.

2Cor521
Member of Bronco Nation since 1902

"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is offline   Reply With Quote